6 replies to this topic

#1 Gravy

Gravy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:39 am

Just read in the latest edition of "Pest"  (if you don't get it - go to www.pestmagazine.co.uk - its FREE)

About a wasp nest removal man being convicted of manslaughter in Switzerland!!

While dealing with a nest and trying to remove off a friends balcony, wasps attacked an elderly couple on another balcony resulting in the husband dying from anaphylattic shock 2 days later.

So I guess, the morale is always informing neighbours of your intent. and if treating a nest near a pavement/walkway then do late in evening and then  cordon off,  As soon as a pestie either dusts/sprays/removes they are liable

#2 Phil Lloyd

Phil Lloyd

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:32 am

Whilst I feel it is a, responsable mode of behaviour to let folk ,(who are in the imediate vicinity of a treated nest),...know that it would be wise to keep out of the way, just for a short while,..it is simply not feasable to walk up and down the road, knocking on doors and causing mayhem and panic, to all and sundry.... :laugh:  :laugh: 

However,...with regard to many of our applications,.for Modern Pesters,..it is a legal minefield out there,...we do have to be careful  :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd, 09 July 2017 - 01:06 pm.

• mad4it and Gravy like this

#3 ratattack

ratattack

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:06 pm

I got called out to a nest on a town high street at 5 pm as everyone was going home many years ago, needless to say I told them no way it's being done now I'll do it first thing in the morning! Did it at 4am so the risk was minimal to Joe public, good job I did as it exploded with wasps 😬

Many folk would just have treated it🙄

#4 DIDO.1

DIDO.1

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:51 pm

I got called out to a nest on a town high street at 5 pm as everyone was going home many years ago, needless to say I told them no way it's being done now I'll do it first thing in the morning! Did it at 4am so the risk was minimal to Joe public, good job I did as it exploded with wasps 😬

Many folk would just have treated it🙄

I'm so up against it these days with time I most most likely would

#5 ratattack

ratattack

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:02 pm

You couldn't do it, right on the high street mid august, serious number of people could've been hurt. Better to wait no matter how busy you are.
  • LuckOrJudgement likes this

#6 LuckOrJudgement

LuckOrJudgement

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:42 pm

They can get YOU slaughtered too!
I remember years ago trying to remove a live nest from a hay bale store. The jaspers had built a nice nest between two bales at the front of a small stack and the customer didn't want Ficam on her horse chow. Like a dick I said I could just slip the thing into a binbag and job would be a good un.
Well when I pulled those bales apart it just ripped the nest open and those feckers went mental. They were actually hanging off me gauntlets by their stings. On top of that a couple got in me bee suit via the little Velcro flap that goes over where the three zips meet. Luckily it was a rural area and no-one saw me running across a field punching myself in the head to crush the feckers while a little cloud of their mates buzzed merrily behind.
I don't know what I was thinking of to attempt such a twattish thing to save the woman a fiver. Never again.
  • Phil Lloyd likes this

#7 trappa

trappa

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:44 pm

Haha. Good story that LoJ. I like little tales like that. I nearly made a knob of myself earlier today, got a call for mice so knocked on door and had a look round their kitchen at the droppings etc then went out to get my gear from my van and walked straight into the neighbours house. Luckily no-one was there. Hahaha
  • LuckOrJudgement likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users