Bsa Scorpion Over Legal Limit

If you do not have FAC I am not sure what the law is. When the rifle is taken for a service that it will not have to be reported and confiscated Lee.m others here will be more knowledgeable with the advise.

All the very best

in possesion of a firearm without a licence chargable offence

I did not want to say it out loud

All the very best

It's true enough ...... to the letter of the law.

But, in all honesty, unless you do something with it that attracts the polices attention, 1ftlb over (that you're trying to deal with) isn't going to be a major issue.

Unless you're shooting peoples pets or cars etc, they have more to worry about than your pellet gun.

You did the right thing by getting it tested and, you're doing the right thing by looking to have it correct - this shows you to be a responsible air rifle owner :thumbs:

Don't sweat it mate. Be careful with it for now and, get it sorted as soon as you can.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only put it out there for some advice now I feel that I've shot JFK I'm not on here to ask people about trying to make my rifle more powerful I'm on here because I do worry about being over the limit

yes but if you are over 12ft lb you would,nt need to fly over you could have just whacked him from your cot, another thing I,m finding a bit strange, you came on asked advice then started getting your

If you do not have a fac cert then by law the rfd should not have given it back as there supposed to confiscate it   if its over 12 by any margin its a fire arm and you will find your self in deep

Posted Images

Do not want to say to much again but if it went to the shop as FAC and came back out as FAC . Something Wrong there to my mind. But then my interpretation of the law could be total wrong.

All the very best

If you do not have a fac cert then by law the rfd should not have given it back as there supposed to confiscate it

if its over 12 by any margin its a fire arm and you will find your self in deep sh*t if plod do check it .

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

12 ft/lb or 13 ft/lb. Only a small amount, but one is an airgun and one is a firearm. The law won't distinguish between 12.1 or 121.1 ft'lbs and being unlawfully in possession isn't something you want to get involved with.

I don't understand what these anti-tamper things are for if they don't stop you tampering. Get a shop to do it for your own peace of mind.

12 ft/lb or 13 ft/lb. Only a small amount, but one is an airgun and one is a firearm. The law won't distinguish between 12.1 or 121.1 ft'lbs and being unlawfully in possession isn't something you want to get involved with.

I don't understand what these anti-tamper things are for if they don't stop you tampering. Get a shop to do it for your own peace of mind.

That is the point about the law walshie. No law against tampering with the anti tamper as long as it stays within the legal limit, one will more than likely be looked at with suspicion and given a hard time if looked at but not broken any law to my knowledge. But taking a rifle in ones possession as FAC to any RFD with out any FAC licence then that is totally different. Yes?

All the very best

Edited by just-A-snap

That is the point about the law walshie. No law against tampering with the anti tamper as long as it stays within the legal limit, one will more than likely be looked at with suspicion and given a hard time if looked at but not broken any law to my knowledge. But taking a rifle in ones possession as FAC to any RFD with out any FAC licence then that is totally different. Yes?

All the very best

The law is black and white. A gun can't be "a bit FAC". It either is or it isn't. If the anti-tamper has been tampered with but the gun is still below 12 ft/lbs it's still legal, but surely the very name anti-tamper should mean that it can't be tampered with? Equally if it hasn't been tampered with but is above the limit it's illegal.

If an RFD knows a gun is over 12, he legally can't let you have it back until it's sorted. In theory at least.

All the very best

The law is black and white. A gun can't be "a bit FAC". It either is or it isn't. If the anti-tamper has been tampered with but the gun is still below 12 ft/lbs it's still legal, but surely the very name anti-tamper should mean that it can't be tampered with? Equally if it hasn't been tampered with but is above the limit it's illegal.

If an RFD knows a gun is over 12, he legally can't let you have it back until it's sorted. In theory at least.

Anti tamper is not required by law to the best of my knowledge walshie, it is just something some manufacturers put on to cover themselves. if I am wrong i stand corrected with my apologies.

All the very best

I believe AT was pushed onto airgun manufacturers by the government as it was to easy for the idiots to just crank up the power and shoot at pets and anything else that moves from further away, on the down side when a decent law abiding person finds there gun point one of a pound over they are left with this silly situation, it's another poorly thought out knee jerk reaction by the powers that be, also truth be told the police can't even afford to test your rifle unless you first commit an offence, so just be good, be safe and you will never need to explain why your gun is slightly over,

• Like 2

Will sorted next week as I've said I have not had any work done to this rifle I've had it for about 3yrs so thought I would get it chronographed and it's come out over but as I say will be done next week until then will have to use my sons ultra (3mths old) ps was thinking of having scorpion regulated has anyone had this done

I believe AT was pushed onto airgun manufacturers by the government as it was to easy for the idiots to just crank up the power and shoot at pets and anything else that moves from further away, on the down side when a decent law abiding person finds there gun point one of a pound over they are left with this silly situation, it's another poorly thought out knee jerk reaction by the powers that be, also truth be told the police can't even afford to test your rifle unless you first commit an offence, so just be good, be safe and you will never need to explain why your gun is slightly over,

Anti tamper is not a legal requirement in the UK

P.S

All the very best Greyman

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1