I noticed a right stink coming from the pond earlier and found this beauty on the bank. In between yakking I checked both sides and there's no teeth marks or beak marks on it, so I would assume natural causes except it wasn't in the water.

There's quite a bit of activity in there at the moment, but would a fish be dumb enough to jump out after a fly or whatever and beach itself 6" from the water?

20170705_141922.jpg

:D fishing?

Cheers, D.

Not really. It's just sometimes I forget if I'm a townie twat or not and need reassurance.

Its an easy way to catch em mate.........use a fly rod and wave the fly over the water on the edge of the bank. As the trout jumps for the fly move it away from the water and over the bank and the trout will follow it and land at your feet. You don't need a net and wont get wet feet.

• Like 2

Live may fly best you can train them to sit on the hook.

Ive found a little piece of crumbled digestive biscuit (or hobnob) on the point of the hook will make them sit tight..
  • Like 1

Ive found a little piece of crumbled digestive biscuit (or hobnob) on the point of the hook will make them sit tight..

Got that wrong mate, I think you'll find theyre gluten intolerant.

Cheers, D.

Got that wrong mate, I think you'll find theyre gluten intolerant.

Cheers, D.

Yes as a general principle D, however I normally do my weekly shop at Waitrose (when you live near Harrogate it's the done thing old boy) and they do a lovely gluten free biscuit range