Life Jackets

What's a good middle of the road life jacket for a bit of boating and a bit of kayaking? Don't want to spend fortunes, but I don't want to drown either and my old ones don't look capable of floating themselves, let alone me any more.

What's a good middle of the road life jacket for a bit of boating and a bit of kayaking? Don't want to spend fortunes, but I don't want to drown either and my old ones don't look capable of floating themselves, let alone me any more.

its worth spending a few bob on a decent one that fits you well .my brother in law nearly drowned last week on his first trip out on his new sit on kayak ,he didn't have a life jacket :duh: got caught in a currant took him out to sea quick and then fell off he was cold exhausted and out of his depth within minutes luckily for him a woman swam out to him and tried her best to help but he's a big lad and could not cope herself but she managed to shout to a couple of guys on the beach who swam out and pulled him and his kayak back to shore ,he was absolutely traumatised and would have drowned for sure ,so go to a decent shop and get one that's right for you and your weight not worth scrimping on something that will save your life

• Like 2