Today I went to get a hambleton bard gas refill, and found my usual place has stopped doing them, I have three King kegs and couple of week ago decided to brew beer again after a break of a few yr, do any of you lads know what I need, to gas these kegs now without three days camel ride to another home brew shop,to get a refil, as all the places, that's been suggested no longer do them, I know I can send away for a refill but what a ball ache, I am looking for a sensible solution, at a reasonable cost,

you can drill your cap of your keg and fit a tyre valve. get a co2 fire extinguisher and a regulator. grey gas pipe of ebay and fit one end with tire inflater (ebay too) and other end to your regulator and away you go. set your regulator to under 10 psi. a 2kg extinguisher will last you ages if you remember to turn your regulator of after use.

not my vid or pic but should give you an idea.

post-603-0-67355300-1499117711_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bloody brilliant thanks, I will look deep into that

ive being using them for a good few years now with no problem
i will try it as soon as I can it's got to be worth it, I am in Lake District at the moment, so I have virtually no signal at times, back Friday, I needed to try something as the three king kegs, weren't cheap back when I bought them, and I don't want to have to replace them, I got hold of a corny keg recently, I will give that a try too,
  • Like 1

Bloody brilliant thanks, I will look deep into that

ive being using them for a good few years now with no problem
i will try it as soon as I can it's got to be worth it, I am in Lake District at the moment, so I have virtually no signal at times, back Friday, I needed to try something as the three king kegs, weren't cheap back when I bought them, and I don't want to have to replace them, I got hold of a corny keg recently, I will give that a try too,

i use cornys but the tyre valve works on king kegs no problem.