Charlie Gard

I haven't followed this story because I hate thinking about kids suffering, even seeing a child fall over makes me cringe so avoid these stories like the plague. I can't imagine what the parents must be going through.

I just looked at the article on the telegraph and there is a doctor who is supposed to be a leading authority who said there is some kind of treatment

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good explanation of the reality of the case from http://www.melaniephillips.com/cruel-ignorant-campaign/ The agonising case of Charlie Gard, the 11-month old baby dying from a rare form of mitochon

Feckin scumbag judges - it'll cost them nothing to keep their noses out and allow the parents to decide for THEIR child.   A chance, no matter how small, is still a chance.   I really do feel that

I wish the parents would just let the boy die. Even IF this treatment works, what quality of life will he have? Question: if you were told today that your own life would be rewound to your birth, and

I knew I shouldn't have read this sodding article, those photos of the parents in tears has just ruined my day.

I really hope they get what they want, at least they will feel like they have tried everything

It's a crying shame - literally.

The problem is we aren't being given the whole story. The High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court have said the same thing and even the ECHR won't get involved. I can't believe they are all heartless. Maybe they just know more about the case than we do.

The little kid already has severe brain damage, so what quality of life would he have even if his condition was cured or eased a bit?

Poor little boy. I wish him the best whatever the outcome of the latest hearing.

Goverment having last decision is a utter joke, the child is not property of the goverment, they have no right to stop the parents, its their child, f***ing disgrace.

The minute that you register your child and get a birth certificate is the minute you have just signed your child over to the state...you ever wonder how child services can come and just take a child from a family..ffs even the childs very mother is called the informant on the certificate.
  • Like 2

It's a crying shame - literally.

The problem is we aren't being given the whole story. The High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court have said the same thing and even the ECHR won't get involved. I can't believe they are all heartless. Maybe they just know more about the case than we do.

The little kid already has severe brain damage, so what quality of life would he have even if his condition was cured or eased a bit?

Poor little boy. I wish him the best whatever the outcome of the latest hearing.

It just seems strange that they can stop someone trying every last avenue of hope, it's not like the NHS has to pay for it if they've raised all that money.

Goverment having last decision is a utter joke, the child is not property of the goverment, they have no right to stop the parents, its their child, f***ing disgrace.

The minute that you register your child and get a birth certificate is the minute you have just signed your child over to the state...you ever wonder how child services can come and just take a child from a family..ffs even the childs very mother is called the informant on the certificate.

Yeah i know lad, but were caught in the system, if you dont register your children,what are we supposed to do.

Are birth certificates are the goverments collateral.

Think theyve raised over 1 million pound

So they have the money for treatment but the judge is stopping him going?

That is pretty messed up

Spot on Nik.

From what I understand, the family have raised more than enough money to take the little lad overseas for treatment but, because some old c**t has said 'No', they can't get there.

Fair enough, the therapy may not save little Charlie but, the tests and results could help save other little 'uns.

All the time they're f***ing about, the clock is ticking for this poor kid :no:

• Like 1

I agree Francie. It's sickening.

I can't imagine what the parents must be going through.

Think theyve raised over 1 million pound

So they have the money for treatment but the judge is stopping him going?

That is pretty messed up

Spot on Nik.

From what I understand, the family have raised more than enough money to take the little lad overseas for treatment but, because some old c**t has said 'No', they can't get there.

Fair enough, the therapy may not save little Charlie but, the tests and results could help save other little 'uns.

All the time they're f***ing about, the clock is ticking for this poor kid :no:

That's what I was thinking, even if it doesn't work out they've done the best they can and the results may one day save someone elses child with the same disease.

It looks like that America doctor is flying to the Uk to give evidence about the treatment he proposes

• Like 1

I agree Francie. It's sickening.

I can't imagine what the parents must be going through.

Who the f**k are they to tell anyone what to do with there children, complete an utter madness denying the child this, makes you mad as f**k.

• Like 3

I wish the parents would just let the boy die. Even IF this treatment works, what quality of life will he have?

Question: if you were told today that your own life would be rewound to your birth, and then you'd be given the same genetic condition that Charlie Gard has, how many would opt for treatment for themselves? Me, I'd tell them pull the f***ing plug.

The only 'value' in further treatment, as far as I can see, is in research which might help some other poor mite in the future. I think modern medicine is a wonderful thing, it sustains life far beyond the point that nature would have ended it. But what use is that when it's not a life worth living.

• Like 5

Whats wrong with some people, thats your opinion pesky, an if i say so a very disrespectul an ignorant one at that.

Who the fook are you to say , you wish his parents would blah blah wtf, its not up to his parents or the doctors.

I mean wtf kind of thing is that to say, would you say the same if it were your child???? Ffs man so in considerate, the boy could pull threw, an it doesnt matter what disability he has, hes still a human life that loves an cares an has feelings, just cause hes not fit an healthy, he can still love, an thats all that matters.

Infact, i just started a horticulture class, an theres atleast ten adults with severe mental disabilitys in it, an there all great fooking craic,first tea up the other day was f***ing funny, they were loving the craic an the outdoors, the centre were the course is down is very good,they should be more like this as you can see the fun these folk have.

Acting a bigshot on the tinterweb, wish they would let him die, ffs youve really pissed on my chips this beautiful friday morning, but you know what, thats your problem for being such a dick.

Your either a heartless c**t or a mouth, actually your both.

• Like 2