Caught In The Act !

Absolutely bored with political discussions and terrorists and fires on the general talk forum, staying off all that for a while . Seeing as it's a hunting forum I'm going to post a few pics and hopefully generate a bit of hunting talk , let's see what happens? A fox I shot early in the morning, saw him jumping up and down "mousing " nailed him , when I got to him the little vole was still alive .

post-74564-0-44368200-1498653623_thumb.jpg

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 3

This chicken thief , got what was coming to him . I control the foxes on a mates free range egg unit . It's an absolute magnet for Charlie . Even though he has state of the art 12 strand electric fencing all the way around, they still get in . Anyone else got any "caught in the act photos"?

post-74564-0-12599200-1498653947_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I notice Underdog that the poultry unit is almost exactly the same as the one I look after . Is he signed up to the freedom food scheme? It's basically the RSPCA , it's a racket they get egg producers to pay into that means they are inspected every year/ 2 years. They have to prove that they treat the birds well , have access to the outside, enrichments blah blah blah . But also they have to be secure from vermin, so there is no "cruel bloke " like me and possibly you , going killing stuff. My mate was very keen not to have to do any vermin control and his wife is a bit of a bunny hugger . So he said I wasonly to shoot them if they were inside the fence . Well I used to turn up and wait , I'd see foxes on the outside all the time , and they were safe shots , and only rarely get a shot in the wire . Well I got fed up and told him I wasn't prepared to waste my time waiting for them to get inside , so I didn't go back . He started losing a lot of birds and he and his son tried shooting them , and failed. He rang me back up and now I shoot them as I see fit . And I kill a lot of foxes there 30-40 a year on that one unit .

I don't have the issues you report from the family on this unit.

I noticed some one else has been working the area recently though.

This place is near cheswardine. I have been working this area for near 25 years.

U.