First Kits

Got my first kits tonight . Already own a large hob that I had when he was a year or so old so it's great having young ones .

The guy I got them from was a class act aswell. He spoke with a infectious appetite for ferrets and ferreting that was humbling and gave me some good advice for when I finally get out ferreting myself .

From what I gather the man is a full time ferreter and had a haul of rabbits in the last year that blew my mind .

He asked of possible in the future could he come see the ferrets work which I thought was great the fact he was interested in the ferrets after they left his care .

Don't know if he's on here or if anybody knows him and to my shame I didn't even ask his name . When I got there he was like a whirlwind of energy and I kind of got caught up in his enthusiasm and forgot to ask his name . He's from tregaron in Wales and told me he's ferreted Bristol airport before . His Mrs recently won a big carp fishing competition aswell. If anybody knows him send him my largest regards .

I was the guy who's daughter fell in love with his cat on his lawn

Edited by Welsh_red
  • Like 4

Just a quick question . Both kits when I got them were lively . Now I've got them back , 1 is As i hoped , inquisitive , lively , doesn't mind being picked up and held . The other is a lot more reserved and scared(I think) . Squirms constantly wjen I pick her up and when it goes in its pipe it constantly hovers in the opening and stays away . Every night so far I've had them both out in a shed for hour and half all together .the lively one comes over and doesn't give a shit . The other plays with its sister and is active but doesn't like it if I get up or move etc . Kind of skulks away . I know it's very early stage and in giving the quiet one a bit more attention to try and calm it down I just wanted reassurance and a little push in the right direction as to what you lot do with a quiet kit

Edited by Welsh_red