Supplements

Anyone on here use any supplements for there dog ? I don't meself apart from odd bit of oil on food or clove of garlic but someone I know well uses allsorts and reckons it's the best way if your running them couple times a week. for me if your feeding a good varied diet shouldnt really need them

• Like 1

Stiff is the bone meal mainly for calcium ? If so could see that bieng handy for youngsters as been told body doesn't get much from bones ?

Anyone add things like banana tomatoes powdered seaweed that sort of thing ?

Edited by C.green

Anyone on here use any supplements for there dog ? I don't meself apart from odd bit of oil on food or clove of garlic but someone I know well uses allsorts and reckons it's the best way if your running them couple times a week. for me if your feeding a good varied diet shouldnt really need them

i agree with you mate I use cider vinager now and again bit of oil but never any supplements I have done in the past but you'll never beat a good diet ?

i agree with you mate I use cider vinager now and again bit of oil but never any supplements I have done in the past but you'll never beat a good diet ?
I used that acv to stop my bitches patching the grass didn't find it made one bit of deference better for poultry/birds imo Edited by C.green

Yeah I use it for my pigeon it's a probiotic but you need the organic one with the mother in really and only give it couple of times a week I put it in the dogs food they aren't keen on it in the water ?

• Like 1

lol greeny, half a tin of chopped tomatoes to stop the cramps ,

My mam used to make them spaghetti bolognese when I was out lamping, I'd gave a bowl and the dog would get the bowl with a few hearts and lungs on top from the burco boiler

Was it b12 as well socks?

The exact vitamin escapes me

Ejectrolytes in the water bottle, half a mars bar, , the joys of feeding at half three in the rain in the back garden lol

• Like 1

I used to feed my pups bonemeal and always mixed it in with their food as they grew as I think the dogs just liked it...

Good source of calcium, also liked to vary in with pilchards, mackerel, any oily fish really to try and get some vitamin into them as they grew

I've used bonemeal in the past and stuff like that but you'll never beat the natural stuff I think all the other craps just hyped up shit i used sa37 aswell but it's sf50 now like socks said manuka honeys good aswell it's a natural electrolyte and a natural antibiotic

:hmm:I'm all for moving with the times,..accepting any info and research that enhances and improves the lot of the working dog,...but,.my mind also harks back to the 1980s,.when a fair few lads were out of work,...and also,..out at night,..every fecking night,...and their jukels served them well,...but rarely, if ever,.. had the benefit of many supplements....

Makes ya wonder.... :yes:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 6

lol greeny, half a tin of chopped tomatoes to stop the cramps ,

My mam used to make them spaghetti bolognese when I was out lamping, I'd gave a bowl and the dog would get the bowl with a few hearts and lungs on top from the burco boiler

Was it b12 as well socks?

The exact vitamin escapes me

Ejectrolytes in the water bottle, half a mars bar, , the joys of feeding at half three in the rain in the back garden lol

Lol bit of lucozade over the food or keeping a can of nourishment shake in the bag incase the dog got a wobble on trying to be as quiet as possible so didn't set neighbours dogs off haha.

One thing I deffo add a lot more of is fat in my dogs diets now I do like a nice covering on them.

Be careful giving bitches that b12 can bring them in season.

I hear yer phil an old boy I know laughs at me when the beefo chicken and lamb come out to defrost for the hounds he reckons in his day dogs scavenged bins or if they were really lucky got the odd sheeps head anything they caught was used or sold. Even the odd bone of the butcher was used for broth lol

Edited by C.green

:hmm:I'm all for moving with the times,..accepting any info and research that enhances and improves the lot of the working dog,...but,.my mind also harks back to the 1980s,.when a fair few lads were out of work,...and also,..out at night,..every fecking night,...and their jukels served them well,...but rarely, if ever,.. had the benefit of many supplements....

Makes ya wonder.... :yes:

yeah I agree with you there mate a lot of the stuff on the market is there any need for does it make any real difference in my eyes no I'm only saying that cause I've fed some supplements in the past and never saw a difference in the dogs so I stopped ?