Weihrauch Pcp, Air Arms Pcp...or?

Evening all,

In the last month I've been considering buying my first PCP air rifle. Reason being that at present I have plenty of time after work to go to my permissions and keep numbers of vermin down with my springer. The impending onset of fatherhood will mean that I will not be time rich any more and it's therefore important to produce a decent volume of pests shot in the limited windows of time that I'll have to keep the landowners happy (i'd be lying if I said I didn't fancy a new toy as well!). I will still be keeping my HW97 in the back of the truck as standard so as to get a couple of rabbits for the pot after work when I have a free pass, but need something a bit more efficient for when I'm making a day of it.

I will have a budget of approximately £500 and so will be looking firmly at the second hand market.

Rifles that I have been looking at are the Weihrauch HW100KT, Air arms 410 and 510, the 410 being the cheapest on the second hand market as far as I can see. From what I have been reading they all sound like fine rifles, if I found an HW100 around my budget it would likely be my first choice, but what are peoples opinions of these guns? Are any vastly superior or would all of them make me happy?

Are there any other rifles that people would recommend that might be cheaper but of similar quality?

My criteria are: Preferably German or British, multiple shot (10 mag minimum), very accurate and reliability and minimum faff essential.

Ta,

Guy

Looks like you have found HW100 :thumbs:

If you're talking about the one on the buy and sell section I missed it unfortunately bud.

Just be aware that some of the package deals have scopes that are no longer made, a plastic case you won't use again, a crap bi pod and other bits of rubbish. Buy the gun and do a deal on a scope with the RFD and you will finish up with what YOU want rather than the crap that a large dealer has put together.

Good luck with your search

Phil

• Like 1

I've had my AA S410 in .22 for a bout 9 years. It's a great gun and I can't fault it. At 30 yards it's shooting a group a 5 pence will cover and I've never cleaned the barrel, not once. So I would say go for an AA S410 :-)