Hms Queen Elizabeth

Not 'launched' today as she was floated out the dry dock she was assembled in some time ago, but she'll leave Rosyth tonight to begin sea trials. Should be quite a sight and a very welcome & timely addition to the fleet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-40402153

All the Poles that put her together will be very proud ?

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the number of poles around me seams to have dropped dramatically in recent years.......a few years ago i had landlords with squads of them living in properties   Most the builders i bumped into on a

Been looking forward to seeing her in the flesh when operational (2019 I think?) since the contract was first signed!   The thought of crewing such a bit of kit makes a part of me wish I had signed

well hello sailor lol

Posted Images

Not 'launched' today as she was floated out the dry dock she was assembled in some time ago, but she'll leave Rosyth tonight to begin sea trials. Should be quite a sight and a very welcome & timely addition to the fleet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-40402153

All the Poles that put her together will be very proud

:laugh:

Plenty English ' Scots and probably Welsh and Irish have worked on her and the Prince Phillip getting built up there also.

Plenty lads from Hartlepool and the Collierys working on them both.

Only one block built at Hebburn I believe, but being local you'll know more than me. I'd guess more Poles would've worked just at Rosyth than English tradesmen would've worked on the Tyne building that block. I think that's pretty sad.

Oh, and the second boat is the Prince of Wales not the Prince Phillip..., mong!

• Like 1

Lol at Pesky

Mong cos he's told Brits worked on them ships lol

Pissed on your chips did I .

:)

I think the irony of my original post passed you by. My bad for not anticipating a retard like you might read it and not understand where I was coming from.

I'm well aware of how many Brits worked on the build, I personally know dozens of them, but maybe you don't realise just how many Poles and other EU 'immigrants' worked on it also. Rosyth was run down in the decade prior to this project kicking off with the loss of thousands of skilled jobs, only for these leviathons and iconic 'British' feats of engineering to be put together by a largely foreign workforce. I think it's a crying shame. And you, piss on my chips.., please ?

suprrized they still building carriers thought they gave up on that idea .,saw the uss nimitz years ago off spit head porsmouth ffs nearl blacked out the isle of white bloody great thing ..

• Like 2

What will the country do for Pole's once Britain leaves the EU. Is there any way to reverse this terminal decline, and will we be able to replace them fast enough with sub Saharan Africans?

Lol at Pesky

Mong cos he's told Brits worked on them ships lol

Pissed on your chips did I .

:)

I think the irony of my original post passed you by. My bad for not anticipating a retard like you might read it and not understand where I was coming from.

I'm well aware of how many Brits worked on the build, I personally know dozens of them, but maybe you don't realise just how many Poles and other EU 'immigrants' worked on it also. Rosyth was run down in the decade prior to this project kicking off with the loss of thousands of skilled jobs, only for these leviathons and iconic 'British' feats of engineering to be put together by a largely foreign workforce. I think it's a crying shame. And you, piss on my chips.., please

is it becouse we no longer have the skilled workforce to do the job ?

the number of poles around me seams to have dropped dramatically in recent years.......a few years ago i had landlords with squads of them living in properties

Most the builders i bumped into on a daily business were poles but in recent years it has reversed back to British workers

Still shit loads of lazy scrounging workshy Romanians and Bulgarians around

• Like 3

All that money on state of the art ship and they will be putting shit f35s on it.They should have re fitted and moth balled the ark royal and upgraded the harrier fleet as back up for this beast of a ship.From what ive read the f35 is plagued with problems,mostly engines blowing up and or catching fire.And to top it off its embarrassing that it will only have helicopters on it for now,oh dear.

Edited by Deadeye18