Hw110 Pellet Preference

Hi guys thought I would share this with you. I've resently bought a new Weihrauch HW110 and whilst trying a range of different pellets to see which suited the barrel I was amazed at the difference, especially between these 2 Weihrauch own brands!

I was given the FT exacts with the gun which is why I have a full tin and I've just bought the Magnums as they performed the best of the 7 I tried. These groups were both shot off a bench rest at 25yards and as you can see I adjusted the scope 2 clicks left for the 2nd group with the Magnums. The 2 "flyers" were when I didn't sync my heartbeat! I didn't attempt to adjust the scope for the 2 groups of FT exacts.post-106189-0-01347500-1498486762_thumb.jpgpost-106189-0-75415900-1498486775_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the forum   Like Mark said ,clean the barrel first   Mine is not pellet fussy at all AA fields /JSB Exact 8.4 gr 4.51 , AA express / JSB express , JSB Heavies 10.3 gr , JSB FT exac

And yet his groups well with the Weihrauch magnums, which of course are exactly the same pellet as good old Bisley magnums, produced by the venerable H&N factory.

But you love me all the same   Phil

Posted Images

Hi guys thought I would share this with you. I've resently bought a new Weihrauch HW110 and whilst trying a range of different pellets to see which suited the barrel I was amazed at the difference, especially between these 2 Weihrauch own brands!

I was given the FT exacts with the gun which is why I have a full tin and I've just bought the Magnums as they performed the best of the 7 I tried. These groups were both shot off a bench rest at 25yards and as you can see I adjusted the scope 2 clicks left for the 2nd group with the Magnums. The 2 "flyers" were when I didn't sync my heartbeat! I didn't attempt to adjust the scope for the 2 groups of FT exacts.attachicon.gifIMG_0170.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0169.JPG

Massively surprised about the grouping with the HW FT exacts... even a knackered 100 would group better than that, especially at 25 paces.

Top ones, bob on... but, it'll go tighter :)

Where abouts in the shire are you and where's that one ten from?

Clean the barrel first Mariner and put some AA Fields 8.4 g, 4.52 through her.( tack drivers in my 100) :yes: .

Check out a very recent post from Villa Man (Wrong Time, air gun hunting threads) who is checking out " which pellet" for his recently acquired HW 110.

Good luck Mariner :good:

atb Mark.

P.S. " Welcome to the forum mate"

• Like 1

Hi Rez, I'm in Grimsby, I got the rifle from the shooting show at Harrogate from Ronnie Sunshine. Yes not sure why the exacts sprayed like that, especially that 2nd group they performed slightly better previously but nowhere near tight enough and kept throwing loose shots. The magnums are by far the best, Falcon Accupels and Bisley Magnums also grouped well. I've missed 2 magpies with the FTs that should have been dead certs which is annoying as the buggers are very weary now!

Hi Mark,the barrel was clean and the Magnums were fired after the exacts amazingly! I will Try some of the AAs but must admit I'm very impressed with the Magnums. It's not a target scope I've put on it just a 3-9 mtc genesis with no parallax adjustment so not very clear under 50 yards, I will upgrade when funds allow, I'm after a .204 next though so may be a while!

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Like Mark said ,clean the barrel first

Mine is not pellet fussy at all AA fields /JSB Exact 8.4 gr 4.51 , AA express / JSB express , JSB Heavies 10.3 gr , JSB FT exact

The worst pellet is bis mags

• Like 2

And yet his groups well with the Weihrauch magnums, which of course are exactly the same pellet as good old Bisley magnums, produced by the venerable H&N factory.

That's something I didn't know. I like that CC. I always thought it went HW magnums... a repackaged H&N barracuda's, then bisley. Even though bisley were creating pellets well before any German pellets were being imported. Early 80's. But clearly they were being created in Germany, and imported before my time...

Learn something everyday.

• Like 1

Mine is not pellet fussy at all AA fields /JSB Exact 8.4 gr 4.51 , AA express / JSB express , JSB Heavies 10.3 gr , JSB FT exact

The Magnums give me fliers like no other pellet in my HW100KT, the WORST pellet I've ever shot in a sub 12, good in FAC air.

• Like 1

The Magnums give me fliers like no other pellet in my HW100KT, the WORST pellet I've ever shot in a sub 12, good in FAC air.

Never found Mags any good in my all of my guns either

• Like 1