Saluki Greyhound

Adding a bit of bull ?what for exactly, its hard to see what it would bring to the cross

Stops them waiting for mistakes and gets things killed in the same county you slipped in,

It all depends on what dogs you run and if you want mongrels or not.
It shouldn't matter pure doesn't allways mean best. If it does tell me why please ?

Im not worried whether my dogs pure or not I'm worried about what's caught and how db 99.9% of Salukis sit behind stuff and wait for a mistake its there style I don't like that might work in a big desert or even a fen it's not something I'd want for most of the uk.

My dogs run any land any quarry as do a lot of lads with good pures dont need deserts or the fens and if its there to be killed it will be

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theres realms of topics done on this ,,ive had a few over the years,and tbh,ive never had a real bad experience with them,i had one I bought in at 9 months old that would fuk off anytime it felt like

sire to my pup BIG REGGIE     4 MONTHS OLD AND 21 TTS..hoping he will be a good one

fast dogs with good mouths can kill quick, I know cos ive had em, I also know that it is not long beffore they run out of steam, recovery might be ok 1 or 2 runs,then it gets tough, right so far, on t

Posted Images

Adding a bit of bull ?what for exactly, its hard to see what it would bring to the cross

Stops them waiting for mistakes and gets things killed in the same county you slipped in,

It shouldn't matter pure doesn't allways mean best. If it does tell me why please ?

Im not worried whether my dogs pure or not I'm worried about what's caught and how db 99.9% of Salukis sit behind stuff and wait for a mistake its there style I don't like that might work in a big desert or even a fen it's not something I'd want for most of the uk.

My dogs run any land any quarry as do a lot of lads with good pures dont need deserts or the fens and if its there to be killed it will be

With all due respect I think your wrong. And other lads ain't on here saying there got everything you need in a running dog. I've seen Arcticgun put on here before they ain't for everyone but he likes em. That's fair enough. But they ain't what you make out desertbred not in my eyes.

Most sit behind stuff run it into the ground and wait for mistakes. You go to most places when the soft stuff is dead that will lose you a lot of stuff.

It's obvious your abit kennel blind about the pures so I'll agree to disagree. Best of luck for the coming winter ??

• Like 3

With all due respect I think your wrong. And other lads ain't on here saying there got everything you need in a running dog. I've seen Arcticgun put on here before they ain't for everyone but he likes em. That's fair enough. But they ain't what you make out desertbred not in my eyes.

Most sit behind stuff run it into the ground and wait for mistakes. You go to most places when the soft stuff is dead that will lose you a lot of stuff.

It's obvious your abit kennel blind about the pures so I'll agree to disagree. Best of luck for the coming winter

I know my stock so far from kennel blind if a dog is shit I say so . as for bull x,s my opinion they are shit. Arctic has coursers and Salukis thats his choice as far as I know he hasnt got any with bull in wonder why? Dont forget I run for the sport not for the pot so what I have suits me just fine. if I wanted freezers full I would shoot it simple really.

lol if your happy to watch a dog run something into the ground then have to walk miles to find it with its kill and chose to call it sport that's your choice each to there own. I just don't get why you allways bigging them sals up you keep them coz you like them fair enough doesn't mean there what everyone should be running ??

Who said anything about running stuff into the ground thats your opinion LOL my dogs retrieve if its small game they have run. I dont need to big Salukis up they were around long before I was born and will be long after ive gone unlike the bull x fad. i dont tell anyone what dog to run or to buy they feed em not me so their money how they spend it their concern.

Who said anything about running stuff into the ground thats your opinion LOL my dogs retrieve if its small game they have run. I dont need to big Salukis up they were around long before I was born and will be long after ive gone unlike the bull x fad. i dont tell anyone what dog to run or to buy they feed em not me so their money how they spend it their concern.

Fair enough must've read your post wrong. Like I say best of luck this winter ??

always respected your view but look back to when bull blood was added into the coursing game , if it wasn't for bull blood we wouldn't have the greyhound we have today to add with the saluki ... I have a saluki x with bull and one with out bull blood , I can guarantee the bitch will kill in under 2 mins anywhere in the country where as the none bull blood dog settles in before he makes a strike I enjoy both but if I need the job done quick the bitch will be used ?

always respected your view but look back to when bull blood was added into the coursing game , if it wasn't for bull blood we wouldn't have the greyhound we have today to add with the saluki ... I have a saluki x with bull and one with out bull blood , I can guarantee the bitch will kill in under 2 mins anywhere in the country where as the none bull blood dog settles in before he makes a strike I enjoy both but if I need the job done quick the bitch will be used ?
You can guarantee your bitch will kill in under 2 mins anywhere in the country, I take it you havnt done a lot of coursing
  • Like 2

You can guarantee your bitch will kill in under 2 mins anywhere in the country, I take it you havnt done a lot of coursing
just nearly 18 years so not much , but I suppose because she got a bit of bull in her she shouldn't be doing that

just nearly 18 years so not much , but I suppose because she got a bit of bull in her she shouldn't be doing that
I'm sure she catches plenty in under 2 mins, I'm not on about her having bull in her, but to guarantee her doing that anywhere is crazy, there hasn't been a dog born to this day that can do that, so your saying on big land and top notch hares she would always kill in under 2 mins

I'm sure she catches plenty in under 2 mins, I'm not on about her having bull in her, but to guarantee her doing that anywhere is crazy, there hasn't been a dog born to this day that can do that, so your saying on big land and top notch hares she would always kill in under 2 mins
maybe I should of re-worded that ,,everywhere I've took her round the country she has killed in under maybe a guarantee is an over statement but she has never failed me ,I'm no way knocking the saluki pures as I have a heavy saturated one here but my initial post was because of db knocking the bull blood and I do find that bit of bull on the coursing field does help finish the course as quickly as possible through sheer determination and the will to please their owner , where as I don't see that in the pures their soul aim is to run and please them selves and that's why I see plenty been twats in returning

fast dogs with good mouths can kill quick, I know cos ive had em, I also know that it is not long beffore they run out of steam, recovery might be ok 1 or 2 runs,then it gets tough, right so far, on the other hand some biged up dogs on the scene today get dragged round for 5 mins pluss and kill in a dyk, I have had these to, the trick is finding one that can do both as and when required, that's a proper dog, nothing in COURSING is cast in stone, I have had coursing dogs for 47 years so I haven't rushed in to making these statements, and I wont argue about it either no point, as for bull keep it.

• Like 7

fast dogs with good mouths can kill quick, I know cos ive had em, I also know that it is not long beffore they run out of steam, recovery might be ok 1 or 2 runs,then it gets tough, right so far, on the other hand some biged up dogs on the scene today get dragged round for 5 mins pluss and kill in a dyk, I have had these to, the trick is finding one that can do both as and when required, that's a proper dog, nothing in COURSING is cast in stone, I have had coursing dogs for 47 years so I haven't rushed in to making these statements, and I wont argue about it either no point, as for bull keep it.

. A man who knows what he talking about but I suppose there will be those that think those forty seven yrs mean nought very good post two crows yas bang right .atb bunnys.
  • Like 1