Saluki Greyhound

Got a mate who is looking at getting a Saluki Greyhound.

2 Questions:

1. What do people think of this mix

2. Does anyone have an experienced/ semi experienced Saluki Greyhound for sale? Needs to live in a kennel (outside), be a proven worker and be fully stock broken

Cheers BBB

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theres realms of topics done on this ,,ive had a few over the years,and tbh,ive never had a real bad experience with them,i had one I bought in at 9 months old that would fuk off anytime it felt like

sire to my pup BIG REGGIE     4 MONTHS OLD AND 21 TTS..hoping he will be a good one

fast dogs with good mouths can kill quick, I know cos ive had em, I also know that it is not long beffore they run out of steam, recovery might be ok 1 or 2 runs,then it gets tough, right so far, on t

Posted Images

theres realms of topics done on this ,,ive had a few over the years,and tbh,ive never had a real bad experience with them,i had one I bought in at 9 months old that would fuk off anytime it felt like it...but i had a pure bitch saluki and it was as obedient as a collie,i have a 1st x for the last few years and hes steady as a rock,but when on the run,nothing on gods green earth will turn its head,and thats the way i like to have it..if you be cool with them while young,and dont be barking orders and keep them close and in control (same as any dog)they turn out just fine..I have a new pup coming soon, im looking forward to rearing this one over the next few years see how i go,,,was i just lucky the last few times or have i hell on legs heading my way...

question number 1....i think bred right and entered right they are capable of most things,big or small game they have the capabilities to do it all

question number 2....if anyone with a brain had a semi or fully experienced saluki x they sure as hell wouldnt sell it due to the amount of work gone into getting it to that standard,and your mates first mistake is buying a mature dog/bitch from another owner ...as written above ,i did it and paid dearly for it,the essential ingrediant with salukis in my opinion is the bond between owner and dog,and that takes time to develope ,and it will be missing from a bought in dog I believe...

• Like 11

i think so too,at the end of the day,their just dogs,brought up right ,entered nice and easy and with early success they could feed a family of four for a fortnight lol....lets hope im saying this in 12 months time with the new charge ,,,

First one ive had couldn't fault her she's been hard work at times but other than that dont believe everything your told or read .

where did ye get that yoke bob ffs,,,,lol