Best Air Rifle Optics ?

Hey Guys !

I currently have a Hawke AIRMAX EV 4-12X40 up on my Weihrauch hw97kt and i was considering upgrading the scope quality on my springer. I am new to Air Rifles and what type of brand and make of scope would suit a springer like the 97 ? Any info would be much appreciated !

Cheers lads !!

Dont know if you need to mate... In all honesty.

Bangin optic you have already. If you had too though, Id recommend a Falcon Menace FFP optic. Heavy and big, but will keep your 97 rock solid on aim. First focal plane too, so thats a bit of an upgrade.

But you already do have a smart optic already.

Bangin optic you have already. If you had too though, Id recommend a Falcon Menace FFP optic. Heavy and big, but will keep your 97 rock solid on aim. First focal plane too, so thats a bit of an upgrade.

Cheers Rez ! ill keep the airmax on for another while so ! Cheers for the info !

Cheers Rez ! ill keep the airmax on for another while so ! Cheers for the info !

No probs man. Do check out the Falcon Menace though... the reticle is proper rag head sniper shit...

Had one on my 97. Worked well. Very well.

post-94709-0-61489700-1498486596_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Do I want to say already anymore. Already. Sake.

To be honest mate, I seem to have gone full circle with optics, I started out with bells and whistles and have gone back to simple, quality glass. My current scopes are a Bushnell Legend 2-7X32, a Burris Fullfield 2 2-8X35 and a Vortex Viper HS 4-16X44 and they are all superb, my only minor gripe is that the Burris cannot be reparallaxed, so is a bit of a pain at 8X but the clarity is really good.

My favourite is the Vortex though, it really is wonderful and (according to some) on par with the Leupold VX-3 line, which cost two to three times the price. I'd recommend these scopes to anyone.

the word best is relative.should state the best within your budget.for me when i bought my hw100 i put a bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16x42 on it as that was as much as i could afford/wanted to spend.this is plenty of scope but could be used on any of my other rifles be it .22lr or my .223.do not intend to buy another scope so this is the one and only for me

Edited by .357shooter
  • Like 1

Im currently looking at the hawke airmax range...

But also the first focal plane (ffp) too, but only because i do all types of hunting from close up ratting to rabbits out to 65-70 meters as well as paper punching to 80 meters.

Which means you dont need to change aim points at different magnifacations for ffp, but you do for second focal plane (sfp) which i currently have for 6x 10x 15x 20x and 24x

So would that upgrade be better???

FF

I can't add anything to the comments above........

You already have a good scope :yes:

If you want an FFP scope, do have a look at the Falcon (like Rez said) :thumbs:

...... You'll feel the weight and quality when you pick it up to look at it. A 4-14x44 Menace will sit really nice on your 97 :yes:

• Like 1

I can't fault my Nikon Fieldmaster 6-18x40mm side focus. It's a hell of a dear price for an air rifle optic at £489.20 but, it stays on zero all day, to a quarter-inch @100 yards accuracy - more than enough fine zeroing for an air rifle and takes the mighty recoil thwack of an FAC HW80 .22. And when seated on my Pro Sport .22 it is as classically elegant-looking as it gets.

It must be a real cracker to mount on a rimfire/centrefire rifle too! :hmm:

It really is money well spent for what you get; but you get the full monty with this one. It's recoil tough, clear as a bell sightpicture, superb in low light and has a fine crosshair reticle coming to a centre dot which leaves the sightpicture absolutely uncluttered without ladder-scale posts and mil-dots.

The best cross-over target to hunting scope I've ever had on an air rifle.

If this is the standard Nikon build across their range of scopes, they must be one of the very best you can buy for your gun! :thumbs: