Rws Lr20

I'm after a new air gun as a pest control work horse. A friend has just dropped off an rws LR 20....I don't know much about these new fangled pre charged things..

I'm not really getting on with it but I can see the advantages of precharged magazine.

Any views on it?

The cocking bolt feels strange ..it unscrews at the end and seems to come loose each time I cock it.

The safety catch is on the left hand side above the trigger guard.... meaning it can't be taken off with the trigger finger or thumb.

It's not nice to cock and shoot...

The cocking bolt feels strange ..it unscrews at the end and seems to come loose each time I cock it.

The safety catch is on the left hand side above the trigger guard.... meaning it can't be taken off with the trigger finger or thumb.

It's not nice to cock and shoot...

If it's the bit on the end of the bolt that's coming loose, some thread lock, or maybe even PTFE tape may work.

The safety catch does sound like a pain in the arse for a right handed shooter.

..... you might be able to disable it. If not, you'll just have to get used to it.

When you say it's not nice to cock - do you know if it's the bolt feeling rough or, are the pellets feeling rough as they go into the breech?