Can You Get Fly Reels Ready To Go With New Lines?

I have no time whatsoever, I am dying to get out for an hour or twos fishing but every time I think about it I remember that my real is jammed and the line is trashed.

I know I can order a reel, spools, backing line and new lines and sort it myself but I was wondering if you can buy them ready to go and if anyone knows of a decent setup, maybe 3 spools with a floater, intermediate and sinker?

John norris or any decent tackle shop will post ye out the items ready for use

Thanks!

John Norris is a great shop, I'll check with them. I know it's lazy but if I order the stuff separate I know it will just been sitting on a shelf.

Cheers

Nick

My daughter is now 11, she has been fishing before but I feel like it's a race to get her out for a few more times before she wont want to anymore. She still holds my family record for a rainbow by the way, at 7 years old she caught what was definitely a double figure fish lol

• Like 1

If it seems like a chore having to rush out to fish then it's time to start making changes in other parts of your life to make time for it. Nobody lies on there death bed wishing if only I had of worked 2 hours a day longer.? Preparation sometimes can be just as enjoyable as the trip itself especially when the kids join in. Just pull a few clumps of hair out, bang the reel off the ground a few times and it will eventually untangle itself but you will be too stressed out to go anywhere then.???

If it seems like a chore having to rush out to fish then it's time to start making changes in other parts of your life to make time for it. Nobody lies on there death bed wishing if only I had of worked 2 hours a day longer. Preparation sometimes can be just as enjoyable as the trip itself especially when the kids join in. Just pull a few clumps of hair out, bang the reel off the ground a few times and it will eventually untangle itself but you will be too stressed out to go anywhere then.

Ha ha :laugh: it's not a chore I just dont have much free time since we moved house and have loads to do plus work has got very busy. I'm not bothered about fancy kit, I just want something I can slap on and get out for a fish, there are some nice lakes here but they're all overgrown and need to be fished from a boat from what I've seen, I might make a trip up to the fishery at Penmaenmawr which was good the last time I visited.

John Norris has always been a good shop for me so I'll give them a ring later on

• Like 1

Beggars belief. Ffs. Nik. For crying out loud what are you thinking about. I truly am gobsmacked. How long does it take to load a spool? Sit on the throne for your daily and it would be done. What about tying a fly on the leader? Want someone to do that as well. You say you are busy as hell but the rest of us aren't exactly sitting about and manage quite well. You're going to be in a mess when you catch a fish and haven't the time to clean it LOL. Oh, and just as an aside, it needs cooking and eating. Hard times ahead I reckon. Just idle thoughts pal. Good luck in the garden. Jok.

• Like 1

Beggars belief. Ffs. Nik. For crying out loud what are you thinking about. I truly am gobsmacked. How long does it take to load a spool? Sit on the throne for your daily and it would be done. What about tying a fly on the leader? Want someone to do that as well. You say you are busy as hell but the rest of us aren't exactly sitting about and manage quite well. You're going to be in a mess when you catch a fish and haven't the time to clean it LOL. Oh, and just as an aside, it needs cooking and eating. Hard times ahead I reckon. Just idle thoughts pal. Good luck in the garden. Jok.

I suppose I was asking for this, I always put off buying things for myself since the wife, daughter and house eat all the cash so I need to buy the stuff on a whim so I don't think about it too much lol Also every time I look at this stuff I don't really know what I need since there are so many types of fly line.

He obviously not alone tho or shops wouldnt offer them as services, i phobed john norris few years back while holidaying in lakes for a week, found myself with a spare afternoon but stuck in caravan park as wife had took kids away for day, thought i fancy bash a fly fishing, phone call later an withing couple hours the had sorted me out with all basics needed to go fishibg, no set up required, even offered to deliver it to caravan site for me, however i talked on of site rangers into going to get it for me haha. Made my life easier that day am ever since i been into fly fishing an always try an buy from them haha

Yeh thats a great point, it's perfect to buy a whole setup that someone can recommend then you can get on with fishing and not spend too much time researching what you need. It can get crazily expensive if you get suckered in by all the shiny new stuff, I've known people to spend well over a grand on a rod & reel :icon_eek: and they don't catch more fish with them lol

Decent reel and I use the 6 weight line on the river

Really? Thanks mate! That is a good price.

My rod has a very soft action, it's an old Hardy Sovereign so do you know what kind of lines would work well? You have taper, double taper forward weight and the list goes on!

• Like 1