Kennel Rest

You normally have som sort of idea how serious the injury is, if your walking the mutt and he's coping fine then the dog is obviously not in too much discomfort, putting light pressure on the soar spot once a day shouldn't do the dog any harm it will stop the dog from getting stiff whilst resting just as it does for us humans

Unless it's a chipped bone to the elbow then you will keep displacing it not letting it heal .....

Or it's a tendon injury then the last thing you need to be doing is aggravating it by manipulation .....

Just for exeample .......

I know what your saying, although I had a buddy greyhound with a tendon injury and beleive me they let you know about it lol

like most have said use a mix of a good quality vet and a boneman if possible or required, x ray should of been taken unless there was an obvious injury causing the problem, cant see why the vet hasn't taken one already, that would be alarm bells ringing for me like, it amazes me people go into vets and come out none the wiser, unless of course they have insurance then its open season, but honestly Ive lost count of the times Ive spoken to people whom have attended the vets for allsorts of problems and 99% of the time they don't come away with any real answer, try telling the vet you have already had the dog seen too or already booked into get another opinion and maybe then they wll try a little harder, most only interested in people they can screw via the insurance

I would be well careful of bonemen as well, don't get me wrong there some good men and women about but, once you start going your never going too stop lol, they simply cant see inside the dog, which sort of leaves manipulating the dog a bit dangerous as they don't really know whats up sure they can make an educated guess, but in all fairness that's all it ever is, for me the road lays using both vet and boneman, or possibly two vets and a boneman

Took my white bitch in for an x ray last Monday on her front right shoulder, no breaks, chips or hairline fractures showed which was good news, this leave tissue damage tendon and ligament damage, with the x ray only showing bone I'd have to go down the road of MRI scan which I was told start at £1500- £4500 giving a 3k window for a possible treatment but could also be told just leave alone and give kennel rest. So after a lengthy discussion with my vet I've decided to keep her in the porta mag and ultrasound her daily along with linament rub and plenty rest, should have said we have agreed on tendon damage due to a little movement in the shoulder joint, so here's hoping it all comes good, always the better ones that get the injuries.

• Like 1

Im glad u agree with me northernlite had greyhounds and lurchers 40 years if I hadn't gone to a bone man for different injuries and gone to a vet it would of cost me a fortune the only thing I use a vet for is if it is internally bones or muscles the bone man for me u dont get ripped off

• Like 1

Without Xrays, CT or MRI scans most muscle/ skelatel tendon injuries are informed guess work. An experienced dogman with years of experience may well be able to make educated judgements as to possible injuries if they are not visible to the naked eye, but any dog lad worth his salt should know when his charges are not functioning to full capacity or under the weather from sickness or injury, observation is the for runner of all types of diagnosis in humans or animals, followed by enquirey if a full answer is not apparent then the technology and professional examination should be sought. No treatment unless emergency treatmet should be undertaken without knowing for definite what is being treated. This is a major reason why a top class vet experienced in the treatment of the animals concerned contact details both surgery and mobile numbers should be part of your first aid box,With educated tried and tested experience most animals can be judged but two experienced judgements are better than one. Stear clear of the Multinational vetinary pratices that are springing up all around most are staffed by newly qualified staff under supervision of one or two consultants and will empty your bank accounts pretty rapid try to find a smaller well equipped practice with Vets that are recommended by local dogmen.

Edited by desertbred