I've been looking into getting a NV spotter, I know people will say go thermal but haven't got £2000+ needed to get a decent one so I'm looking at digital NV spotters and just wanted people's opinions on what's good and what's not. I'll be using predominantly on foxes so need something with decent vision at distances. I've been looking online at the various pulsar models and the digisite 860 RT looks good being able to record and have built in wifi.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced with these or similar models and what they think of them, or are there better options for similar price. Ideally not looking to spend more than £500 on a spotter and an IR for it.

Thanks

Jarvis

Ay up fella, life treating you well I hope ? Them kits turned out stunning.

Will second what David said, I have heard some pretty good stuff on them, another one of my mates uses one for rabbit and fox and swears by it.

Ps, are you going to the Hatfield game fair ?

i use a pulsr x870 with a black sun t60 ir had it a while now so all probably a bit dated now but am very pleased with this set up ,good to excellent range for spotting, i shoot with a 223 and scope mounted light for the shot and the spotter for scanning and consistently/cleanlyand confidently get to 2-250yds (lamp dependent ) , have a word with ian b for price i found him very easy to deal with and quick was a bit more than your budget but could be in range now or sh

Ay up fella, life treating you well I hope ? Them kits turned out stunning.

Will second what David said, I have heard some pretty good stuff on them, another one of my mates uses one for rabbit and fox and swears by it.

Ps, are you going to the Hatfield game fair ?

Hi mate, yer not bad thanks. Hope your good! Pleased to hear the ferrets are doing well.

I'll look into them a bit more, the only reason I was looking more st the pulsar model is because you can record on it and only £100 more expensive... not sure if I'll go to Hatfield as may be working but defo going to the midlands.

i use a pulsr x870 with a black sun t60 ir had it a while now so all probably a bit dated now but am very pleased with this set up ,good to excellent range for spotting, i shoot with a 223 and scope mounted light for the shot and the spotter for scanning and consistently/cleanlyand confidently get to 2-250yds (lamp dependent ) , have a word with ian b for price i found him very easy to deal with and quick was a bit more than your budget but could be in range now or sh

Thanks for the advice, I looked on a couple of old threads and Ian b looks the chap to talk to!