• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

The scary thing is that it probably was!

They're losing their fear of humans in the urban fringes and I fear it's only a matter of time before a rabid animal attacks a member of the public. The problem with documenting the wild ones is that they don't want to be anywhere near you and they're much better at evading the great white hunter than most will give them credit for!

Sound similar scenario to the leopards in India/mumbai?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Sound similar scenario to the leopards in India/mumbai?

I'd say that's pretty close to the mark. There it's leopards. Parts of the US its cougars, other parts its bears and wolves. Britain is foxes. The common denominator of all of this is human expansion into traditional predator territory.

Also, you don't see much footage from really rural areas because they're so commonplace that they're almost unworthy of mention. Wandering bears, buffalo, moose, wolves, etc don't make the news because they're part of the local scenery... It's like shootings in London and Manchester... they're just not newsworthy anymore.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

I'd say that's pretty close to the mark. There it's leopards. Parts of the US its cougars, other parts its bears and wolves. Britain is foxes. The common denominator of all of this is human expansion into traditional predator territory.

Also, you don't see much footage from really rural areas because they're so commonplace that they're almost unworthy of mention. Wandering bears, buffalo, moose, wolves, etc don't make the news because they're part of the local scenery... It's like shootings in London and Manchester... they're just not newsworthy anymore.

Yeah except a fox won't rip you a new arsehole ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yeah except a fox won't rip you a new arsehole ?

True but then that's why everyone is losing their collective sh*t when something that is higher on the food chain is sighted. Last year I did a month stint in one of our Utah offices. Two of those days I spent driving out from West Valley in Utah, over to Jackson in Wyoming. On the way, we got stuck in traffic which is unusual in an area twice the size of England with a population density of around 6 people per square mile. As we got to the source it was actually 3 buffalo blocking the road. Tourists had stopped to take pictures and the traffic was backed up considerably. While it was new to me my driver was complaining about how he wished tourists would just f*ck off as his two day trip to Jackson was now being delayed.

One of those things could probably turn a car over if hassled. To the locals, they're a pain in the arse even if they can rip you a new one! :laugh:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mackem said:

Wasn't there a case not so long ago in California where one sneaked into a house and took the pet dog from the owners bedroom?

There's a few on YouTube were they have been caught on CCTV ones a dorberman on a chain its surprising how quick it controls it and others ones a sleeping terrier in a yard and another in a hall way both get taken away 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Why haven' they appeared on like a motorway camera if they are here? Max distance between roads is what a few miles max

Realistically if they are in Britain how dense would the population have to be where they would show up on motorway cameras?

35 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Why haven' they appeared on like a motorway camera if they are here? Max distance between roads is what a few miles max

Not sure how manned the cameras are but I imagine if a cat was on there I doupt they would be looking for it and more than likely more concerned with traffic etc 

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic