• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Greyman said:

Not really here to get involved in your silly name calling, the answers simple if you don't like me or the things I say block me delete me or just ignore me but please just f**k off as you just suck the life out of me with your stupid lack of anything input, I will admit one thing though I am a raving lier,  twat 

You really are simple, you only 2 days ago went on a post I started and called me 'know mates' and keep calling me it. I think you mean no mates but again you are simple

Who gives a f**k,if a man wants to fly about looking for something in the wild then thats up to them,ive seen,and caught some animals that everyone called me a bullshitter,but i got the proof.not some made up shit printed in the cuntsmans weekly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I do think Greyman gets a lot of undeserved flak...if he wanted to believe in fairies at the bottom of the bloody garden then who gives a flying f**k...and to be fair he's stuck to his story the whole time, even with the shit he's getting from you lot

Edited by dave88
  • Like 5

honest respect to greyman with his hobby and determination to prove us wrong hope he does get the evedence he deserves I personally am on the fence on the subject but enjoy reading the posts so keep it up mate ?

• Like 2

This big cat thing a strange situation. I and others that I know have been out in the field both night and day over many years on shoots with many thousands of pheasants  so one would think that a hungry big cat would definitely be attracted and its presence would be noted in its physical presence and be seen with white light or by thermal or IR oandr one to get caught in a snare yet there is no tangible evidence that I have seen. Not even a bit of fur or hair.  In environments where cats do actually exist physical signs can be found. Kills, footprints and the visual. If we were to have a drive around tonight there would be a likely sight of rabbit, hare, badger, Fox maybe deer and possibly a wild boar if we were in the right area, but BIG CAT! On one hand there is no realistic tangible evidence BUT several people that I know, who I  trust, and have no reason to lie, and who have not broadcast the story have told me about big cats that they have seen on a one of basis. They have been quite scared and shocked by this happening. I've never seen one but I am certain that I have heard one. Way back in probably 89 ...90  I went down on the marsh in late August to see if any ducks were fighting in. Suddenly there was the most vicious aggressive noise from a gully that was two fields away. It made the hair stand up. In those days cent're fire and lamping was almost unknown and I didn't have either at that time. I was so frightened and intrigued by this that I got in the car and drove home 5 miles got the small lamp and a shotgun and BB that I did have and went back to Have a look for the source of the noise. Nothing was seen. Some years later I was listening to animal calls and I am 100% sure that what I  heard was the call of a lynx. I sit on the fence as to yes or no. That event is still strong in my mind all of these years later.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

Lamping unheard of in 89-90 come on mate i no guys who have been lamping for over 50 years

Is that right. Why make an issue out of it.  That would go back to 1968 and before. Back in those days vehicles used tungsten bulbs, then in the 70s  ford and others like Vauxhall used sealed beam lights. The light was poor and small sealed jelly batteries didnt exist for common use. I didnt say that lamping didnt exist but that no one that I knew around here went lamping on foot and battery and lamp bulb technology was so poor that it wasn't common. A local bloke used to cart a full size lead acid car  battery with all of the problems of acid spill he used this setup for shotgunning rabbits. Not all land is accessible by vehicle.

Edited by Meece
10 minutes ago, Meece said:

Is that right.  That would go back to 1968 and before. Back in those days vehicles used tungsten bulbs, then in the 70s  ford and others like Vauxhall used sealed beam lights. The light was poor and small sealed jelly batteries didnt exist for common use. I didnt say that lamping didnt exist but that no one that I knew around here went lamping on foot and battery and lamp bulb technology was so poor that it wasn't common. A local bloke used to cart a full size lead acid car  battery with all of the problems of acid spill. Not all land is accessible by vehicle.

That's how we all (of a certain age) started ain't it??

my mum wasn't best pleased with the back of my jeans all holed out from battery acid, I carried a car battery a fair way to catch a couple of rabbits from a young age (late 80's)... it's either that or 20 years of roofing that's f****d my back lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 5

When cb radio was the rage back in the 80s a  mate and I  made side packs using lead acid motor bike batteries sealed gel types weren't available then. The acid rotted the bags out. and that was a lump to cart about. We used it to communicate around the shoot.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Meece said:

When cb radio was the rage back in the 80s a  mate and I  made side packs using lead acid motor bike batteries sealed gel types weren't available then. The acid rotted the bags out. and that was a lump to cart about. We used it to communicate around the shoot.

Spoilt now mate... lithium batteries you can put in your pocket and last a night!

Back then the lamp would be dimming after an hour or so, it was a dark walk home lol

15 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Spoilt now mate... lithium batteries you can put in your pocket and last a night!

Back then the lamp would be dimming after an hour or so, it was a dark walk home lol

Yep. Thats why I wrote that lamping didn't exist back then. Perhaps I should have stated on foot. There weren't many using the landrover to power up lamps either because of churning up the fields and the light range was P poor so it was shotguns. 

Edited by Meece
25 minutes ago, Meece said:

Yep. Thats why I wrote that lamping didn't exist back then. Perhaps I should have stated on foot. There weren't many using the landrover to power up lamps either because of churning up the fields and the light range was P poor so it was shotguns. 

Lamping certainly existed, and all on foot (we'll for everyone I knew anyway)

it was just harder work... lol

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic