7 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

Sorry greyman it turned out to be a false alarm a fecking stuff teddy but it looked the part 

That actually looks a lot more realistic than many of the pics that crop up in the papers from time to time.

• Like 5

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

On 1/16/2018 at 11:54, scothunter said:

Wait a minute guys were not talking about taking pics of every f***ing step you take!.

Agreed mate but if checking fox traps is part of your daily routine for the last 10 years what are the odds that you're carrying a camera in case you need to document something other than a fox?

I totally agree that credible evidence is lacking, at least in the public arena, but carrying recording gear isn't practical for the average bloke and the ones that do carry it document exotic wildlife are immediately viewed with suspicion. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal.

6 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Agreed mate but if checking fox traps is part of your daily routine for the last 10 years what are the odds that you're carrying a camera in case you need to document something other than a fox?

I totally agree that credible evidence is lacking, at least in the public arena, but carrying recording gear isn't practical for the average bloke and the ones that do carry it document exotic wildlife are immediately viewed with suspicion. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal.

Eh, do 99% of the population not carry phones these days. And 99% of those phones will have cameras on them.

14 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

Sorry greyman it turned out to be a false alarm a fecking stuff teddy but it looked the part 

Please don't tell me some sad b*****d (you) went to the trouble to take a stuffed toy out to the lanes to pull a stupid stunt like that.for fucks sake.

• Haha 1
On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:30, EDDIE B said:

I think me old buddy Ditch knows a bit about this Danny fella

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who went to his lecture yesterday,theres plenty of pics online of fallow deer and fox he has taken with his trail cams,and he has featured in several documentaries but his reputation as a big cat expert and tracker has no substance'

15622333_10210748158958182_7368978795486647798_n.jpg

30 minutes ago, mackem said:

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who went to his lecture yesterday,theres plenty of pics online of fallow deer and fox he has taken with his trail cams,and he has featured in several documentaries but his reputation as a big cat expert and tracker has no substance'

15622333_10210748158958182_7368978795486647798_n.jpg

Aye anyone can mooch around the woods in the Forest of Dean ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Eh, do 99% of the population not carry phones these days. And 99% of those phones will have cameras on them.

Well, I don't but like I said earlier in the thread what are the odds you'll come across a cat, in the UK, by accident? What are the odds you'd keep steady enough to get quality footage of it that would stand up to scrutiny? The type of people that do document their lives 24/7? What are the odds that they would even be anywhere near the low chance areas where there's an extremely low chance you'd see one?

I'm not convinced there are cats like that in the UK but there are cats like that where I live and they're extremely difficult to document when you do have all the gear with all the bells and whistles. We've seen an increase in the footage but not the quality of the footage.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, mackem said:

Interesting sequence of pics from near you chris....

It is mate and like I've said previously I've yet to catch one on cam although I'm like a little kid at christmas everytime I open the trail cam and pull the card! Maybe I should move back to the city as this article from 2014 says that sightings in town are on the increase.

Interesting to note that the 2-minute video clip that accompanies it doesn't have any pictures of the cats despite multiple sightings across multiple neighbourhoods. It only contains stock footage. You'd think that would be surprising considering 99% of the population are carrying a phone and that 99% of those phones have cameras but the lack of credible footage, in an area that big wild cats are not a figment of anyone's imagination, is surprising wouldn't you agree?

Again I lean on the side of scepticism when it comes to big cats in the UK but with the elusive nature of the animal, I can also fully understand why the quality footage is hard to come by and makes it even more challenging when the country itself doesn't have an indigenous population, to begin with.

• Like 1
Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

Wow that was pretty  close ,wonder if it was watching in the shadows?

The scary thing is that it probably was!

They're losing their fear of humans in the urban fringes and I fear it's only a matter of time before a rabid animal attacks a member of the public. The problem with documenting the wild ones is that they don't want to be anywhere near you and they're much better at evading the great white hunter than most will give them credit for!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The scary thing is that it probably was!

They're losing their fear of humans in the urban fringes and I fear it's only a matter of time before a rabid animal attacks a member of the public. The problem with documenting the wild ones is that they don't want to be anywhere near you and they're much better at evading the great white hunter than most will give them credit for!

Wasn't there a case not so long ago in California where one sneaked into a house and took the pet dog from the owners bedroom?

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic