• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

A farmer laid fox traps after some of his sheep were killed and was astonished to find a clouded leopard - usually seen in the Himalayan foothills - trapped inside.  

It escaped on Boxing Day from the private property, thought to belong to Dalton, and was found on a farm a mile away in Milltown on December 31, a farmer said. 

That's a quote from the article.  Sounds to me like they spoke to a farmer telling tall tales hence a farmer said. 

A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: 'Police were informed by the owner of a clouded leopard that his animal had escaped its inner compound on Boxing Day in Fowey.

'The leopard was still in its outer compound and efforts were being made by the owner to re-capture the animal.

'Officers were then informed by a local farmer that the leopard had broken out of its compound and had allegedly attacked some of his sheep.

'The animal was re-captured

Same article police said it was in its outer compound when a farmer alleged it has gotten out of that and attacked his sheep. Allegedly zero confirmation of the story from police. The animal was recaptured. No mention of farmers and fox traps.

That's why i think the farmers a liar. 

Did you read the article :hmm:

So you accept there was an escaped clouded leopard (as stated by both the council and police) you just think the farmer was lying about recapturing it?

So is it still on the loose or was it recaptured by someone else? What method did they use to capture it then considering apparently a cage trap is so hard to believe?

7 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

The only person that said it got out the outer enclosure and was captured in a fox trap was some farmer they spoke to who has zero proof of his  claim. Police and council do not back his story up. 

Read the article again slowly mate . :thumbs:

They don't back up the claim that it was recaptured within the outer enclosure either so why dismiss one story out of hand and accept the other? The only statement we have from the police is "The animal was recaptured" no mention of where or by who.

You'd think if it hadn't escaped the outer enclosure the police and council would want to make that clear to calm the public wouldn't you?

If the farmer is talking bollocks why haven't the council or police come out to debunk his story? :hmm: It would be as simple as saying "The animal was recaptured within the outer enclosue" yet neither authrority has come out and said as much. Until that happens I see no reason to disbelieve him.

Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

They also haven't debunked my claim. Do you believe me ?

Is your claim printed in the national press as the only explanation of how the animal was recaptured by the same paper that approached and got comments from both the council and police? They're obviously aware of his claim and yet have made no effort to debunk it.

We can go round in circles on this forever but until more information is offered by the police or council the only explanation of how the animal was recaptured is the farmers claim and I see no reason to disbelieve it.

• Like 2

One or two things to remember here, a clouded leopard is quite a small cat and would fit in a fox trap, after seeing the mess made in Wales over the escaped Lynx would you want local council involved, ? And everytime the word big cat is mentioned it's not always a lie, I always find its better to do a little bit of investigation first before calling everyone a liar and it is looking a little bit like the owner did,nt want locals to know A he was keeping them near private homes and B one had escaped, so papers may have filled a few gaps but I think there is some element of truth involved, does,nt interest me massively but find it funny that the fact no one involved  had the latest iPhone makes them all liars, bit of a sad reflection on the modern world really 

• Like 2

Mate I,m in my 50,s have a £9.99 pay as you go phone, carry a camera to take photos and have absolutely no interest in owning an I phone or simular, I,m pretty normal in my age group and know several older people who can only be contacted by knocking on there door, regardless of the price of the phones you can't force people that have managed most of there life without one to change there ways, we don't have to take a picture everytime we eat or shit to prove its happened, we are capable of making our own minds up without a picture of everything, maybe if you took the phone away from your face you may be able to see something for your self and form your own opinion without googling the answer, as already said a sad reflection on the modern world, but makes it very easy to see why you believe all your told without the need to find out for yourself, 

• Like 6

I know a few folk without a half decent phone, I have one lad work for me who is 21 and his phone looks like it came out the ark !

but generally speaking, the older generation, typically rural ones, don't get all these new phones, I know blokes who don't even know how to text message let alone work a smart phone.

my neighbouring farmer has only had a mobile for the last 2 years, and no point ringing it as it sits in the glove box of his car mostly, he can't hear it ring anyway !

i do agree, 90% of the population has a decent phone with a camera,  and I also agree most 'normal' farmers would have taken a photo, but I also know a few who wouldn't ! 

I,m not knocking myself, it's my choice , FairPlay to your gran it is very useful for certain things, I bought both my nan and my misses nan phones when they got old put useful numbers in them and neither one ever used them, my point is some things in life can and do excist and function perfectly well without being in igang, it's not the thing that makes things true or untrue, I believe Kanny saw a Harris hawk on his way to a job recently, don't remember seeing an I picture of the bird and did,nt feel the need to call him a liar, I have lots of access to pics of big cats from all over the world, many of them never seen in public so would be very easy for me to fake a picture, which if that's all it takes to be believed would be job done, but I,d rather keep looking and find my own truth without believing everything I,m told to believe by the Internet, 

• Like 1

Even if I didn't own a smartphone .I can assure you if I caught a leopard in a cage I would go and find someone with a camera or phone to take the pic before I handed it over. And I would 100% guarantee anyone else would aswell.

• Like 1

The whole 'pictures or it didnt happen' attitude seems to be a trend on THL. I dunno about everyone else but i go out and forget my phone all the time when im out and about...even when i have it i dont walk round with it constantly in my hand. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Even if I didn't own a smartphone .I can assure you if I caught a leopard in a cage I would go and find someone with a camera or phone to take the pic before I handed it over. And I would 100% guarantee anyone else would aswell.

Your guaranteeing the actions of every single person in the country, that's a very ignorant stance to take on any subject, even a king or president can't speak for 100 percent of there subject,s yet you can ?

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Come on tho if you were in your own barn on UK soil and trapped a leopard you wouldn't bother about not getting A picture ?

Yeah i more than likely would mate but thats just me...but even i've seen and done things before and not till afterwards have i thought 'bollocks, should've got a pic of that'. People get caught up in the heat of the moment and certain things just dont enter their minds

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic