47 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I had a funny one yesterday,walking dog along a lane,to the left houses to the right arable fields with roadside hedge grubbed out so good view,

along the adjoining fields hedge bottom was something black and the top part was flicking around,could not work out what it was, got closer thought it was a black type of heron looking into the hedge??

closer still and made out it was a fecking big hairy black tomcat squatting down scent marking and it's tail was up flicking around ?It fecked off into the hedge when it seen I was walking a dog on the lead . 

Decided I may need to have a eye test or stay off my iPhone ?

Don't know how far from you it is but there was a sheep eaten alive near bream just before Christmas it was in the forest review paper, found it strange the farmer said in the interview I hope it was a dog or two that did it?? It was put to sleep at the mono bridge vets in Monmouth after the vet in lydney first looked at it, pics were to graphic for the press but I,m trying to get some through other sources 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Fox are common,they live in this country,i saw a black fox which isn't that uncommon in the grand scheme of things,what I didn't see is a black cat which isn't indigenous to this country and for which there is no solid proof they exist.

7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Same question back to you can you prove it? I have a photo of my black fox and not from wikipedea

Show me a pin sharp Wikipedia pic of a black leopard in this country?

9 minutes ago, mackem said:

Fox are common,they live in this country,i saw a black fox which isn't that uncommon in the grand scheme of things,what I didn't see is a black cat which isn't indigenous to this country and for which there is no solid proof they exist.

You claim you saw a black fox but have no proof, thems the facts so welcome to club bullshit ?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, mackem said:

Show me a pin sharp Wikipedia pic of a black leopard in this country?

I don't need to my case is almost complete through leg work and hard work not a wiki link, never know I might be in there myself this time next year, then you can get to meet me ???

17 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Don't know how far from you it is but there was a sheep eaten alive near bream just before Christmas it was in the forest review paper, found it strange the farmer said in the interview I hope it was a dog or two that did it?? It was put to sleep at the mono bridge vets in Monmouth after the vet in lydney first looked at it, pics were to graphic for the press but I,m trying to get some through other sources 

Breams about 10 mile it's couple mile otherside of coleford,and not far from clearwell.

I know area well as lived nearby for 6 years.

was it definitely monnow vets or drybridge vets?

16 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Breams about 10 mile it's couple mile otherside of coleford,and not far from clearwell.

I know area well as lived nearby for 6 years.

was it definitely monnow vets or drybridge vets?

Not sure which vet but assuming mono as they are a farm vet and he took it from the vet in lydney to Monmouth, I personally doubt a cat attack as the sheep was still alive but thought it strange the farmer said twice,  I hope it was dogs, it's worth a couple of phone calls to see if I can have a look at the photos cheers

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not sure which vet but assuming mono as they are a farm vet and he took it from the vet in lydney to Monmouth, I personally doubt a cat attack as the sheep was still alive but thought it strange the farmer said twice,  I hope it was dogs, it's worth a couple of phone calls to see if I can have a look at the photos cheers

Tbh I wonder if it was sickly and a boars bought it down and started to eat it?

• Like 1

NEW DELHI (AP) — At least three children have been killed by leopards in a series of recent attacks in rural India, according to media reports and wildlife experts.

Two of the children were killed in a village in central India — possibly by the same leopard — with a 14-year-old boy killed in the country’s north, near the edge of a wildlife conservation area. All three were killed Sunday, the reports said.

With thousands of leopards and more than 1.3 billion people, cat attacks occur dozens of times a year across India.

“By and large, the story of humans and leopards is a story of coexistence,” said Pranav Chanchani, coordinator of the Tiger Conservation program at WWF-India. “There are many millions of people living close to the leopard population,” he said, but only a tiny percentage ever face an attack.

India’s poorest endure the most attacks, with the most vulnerable living in makeshift shelters without electricity on the edge of forests or sugar cane fields where leopards, and sometimes tigers, can easily find shelter. “That kind of combination can become a lethal mix,” Chanchani said.

The Bahraich district of Uttar Pradesh state, where the 14-year-old was killed Sunday, has seen at least a half-dozen leopard killings since the beginning of 2017, with at least one child reportedly dragged from his home. The nearby Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary provides shelter to leopards and tigers.

Wildlife officials try to trap or kill cats that kill humans.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Tbh I wonder if it was sickly and a boars bought it down and started to eat it?

Valid point you ain't short of them over there,  that's why the photos would be useful thanks 

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic