2 hours ago, scothunter said:

Dead puma lying on side of road.I would expect crystal clear pics all over social media.

I mean if they can post pics of there lunch and dinner and every other daft thing. I would think a dead big cat would be a prize pic.

Someone passed a roadkill he suspected looked like a dead puma.............

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/gavin-wybrow-big-cat-m25-potters-bar-hertfordshire-1-5261969

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, EDDIE B said:

Probably an otter or something daft like that.

The body was on the M25 slip road, leaving the motorway at Junction 24 for Potters Bar.

He said: “It’s only my opinion, I haven’t taken measurements or photographs, but it was weird and I am not mad.

“There was a huge mess of road kill and as I glanced at it, obviously I had to do this in a split second while driving, but it looked like a cougar or some cat.

“I’d say there is a 75 per cent chance it was a cat.”

1 hour ago, mackem said:

The body was on the M25 slip road, leaving the motorway at Junction 24 for Potters Bar.

He said: “It’s only my opinion, I haven’t taken measurements or photographs, but it was weird and I am not mad.

“There was a huge mess of road kill and as I glanced at it, obviously I had to do this in a split second while driving, but it looked like a cougar or some cat.

“I’d say there is a 75 per cent chance it was a cat.”

Surely someone would stop. I know it was a slip road off a motorway, but surely someone would have pulled in somewhere safe, and went back to check it out. I know, I would! Especially those that saw it before it was mangled. 

7 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Bring in a little prior plausibility to that statement and you get a deer, dog otter or such like.

I know you are desperate to pooh pooh everything, but the reason I,m asking is so I can tick it off as mistaken identification if that's the case as I,m sure something like this would have been seen or heard by people local only thing I can say with any certainty is that what ever was laying there it's been incredibly well cleaned up because all that was there when we got someone at the scene was a large area of fresh disinfectant,  8 out of 10 reports turn out to be a waste of time but it's still better to go and check rather than sitting indoors quoting Wikipedia, since my last post I,ve been out and walked between 10/15 miles on land that has all the hallmarks I look for both geographically and over 30 years of regular reports and sightings,weather conditions were perfect and the ground was perfect  for tracks and tracking , yet I,ve found nothing not a hair on a fence or a pug mark in soft mud this is normal, what I find really amusing about this is that while you and the loyal doubter squad continue to try and piss on the fire my pm box grows fuller with pms from people on here that don't wish to say publicly what they have seen or know but are happy to talk in private, I,ve had many members who do go out and have seen a big cat, I,ve had some cracking photos and even some DNA samples sent my way, all from people who veiw this forum but can't be arsed with the shit that comes with sticking your head above the wall, were as sticking my head above the wall is what I do so all the doubt in the world you wish to try and pour on me will have no effect at all as it comes with the territory ,  so if you know for sure or saw a deer,dog otter or something else there I am interested in what you have to add other than that it's just a bit of pointless exercise for your finger  but thanks for your input anyway 

9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,ve been out and walked between 10/15 miles on land that has all the hallmarks I look for both geographically and over 30 years of regular reports and sightings,weather conditions were perfect and the ground was perfect  for tracks and tracking , yet I,ve found nothing not a hair on a fence or a pug mark in soft mud this is normal,

Found nothing, I'd say read the writing on the wall....... maybe that's because there is nothing to find?????

Personally as a naturalist hunter and keen spotter of the unusual I would love for there to be big cats in the UK, couple of examples of some spots of the unusual below, but one needs to be realistic. if you have evidence post it and i will be convinced, if not then expect to be gently baited as i find the cry of wolf to be reason to ridicule as it muddies the waters for any real finding that would be of interest.

pelican.jpg

ibis.jpg

• Like 3

Seems you only want peole on this thread who agree with you're claims of big cats.

Not really how a public forum works. You keep throwing out the "ive been out walking" most lads myself included are out walking and covering the areas we live in.

I am out walking @6am most mornings and then again later taking in my surroundings and enjoying the walk. But does anyone Actually give a shit lol 

i respect the time you put into this venture of you'res despite the fact i think its nonsense. But as long as you enjoy what you do is all that really matters. No need to be so defensive all the time cause others have a different opinion.You cant blame people for "pooh poohing" it when there is nothing to convince them otherwise 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Seems you only want peole on this thread who agree with you're claims of big cats.

Not really how a public forum works. You keep throwing out the "ive been out walking" most lads myself included are out walking and covering the areas we live in.

I am out walking @6am most mornings and then again later taking in my surroundings and enjoying the walk. But does anyone Actually give a shit lol 

i respect the time you put into this venture of you'res despite the fact i think its nonsense. But as long as you enjoy what you do is all that really matters. No need to be so defensive all the time cause others have a different opinion.You cant blame people for "pooh poohing" it when there is nothing to convince them otherwise 

If you or any one else here lives in the area and saw a deer in the location I have given that would be clear evidence that the driver is wrong, that is what I,m interested in just the truth if  it supports or disproves my claims, I see rare and unusual birds and mammals regularly on my travels and they are an interesting sideline of what I,m doing, I,ve said on numerous occasions I don't need anyone here to believe me as I know , but the point I was trying to make is the vast effort some people make to prove nothing for or against but just to give them a voice and maybe get a like ? If I was being defensive about the subject and only want to talk to people that agree with me I have a countrywide network of people that fit the bill we could all be secretive together but I like to here valid opinions from both sides that's all, next week I,m helping out with a speech and presentation to a classroom full of vetanary students I,m sure there will be a few that don't agree but I would expect a reasonable argument to be presented rather than as sandy puts it some gentle baiting which would be like having the class dick shouting stupid remarks from the back of the room  the whole evening, 

1 hour ago, BGD said:

Share some of these cracking photos you've been sent? :thumbs:

I know there are some on here that think it's ok to talk about other people's business,  but trust is a big part of what I do and if people ask me not to share things then I,m sorry but that's how it stays, each person has there own reasons some might sound stupid and others are blatantly obvious but all of them are as valid as each other sorry  

4 minutes ago, sandymere said:

http://notquitescilly2.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/why-stringing-is-to-be-avoided.html seems this is relevant to cat spotting as well as birds lol.

It is, there are some pretty good pics around at the moment that are a bit suspect have seen one photoshop picture this year make the national papers I did originally suspect the Yorkshire photo as being a hoax but so far it's stood up to all the scrutiny as did the one from the quantocks earlier this year, that one was in your neck of the woods and is in an area with years of sightings and reports the area it was taken in has been examined and scrutinised from all angles the lady that took the pic spoken to and I,m as sure as can be of what the animal was, it's a sad world when people have to do it for two minutes of fame as all it does is throws doubt on everybody else's hard work, I had a pure white albino blackbird live on some land I rented years ago but I never took a single picture of it or told anyone because it's life would have changed for the worse it lived and nested there for 5 years and had many pied offspring also had a pair of bitterns over winter every year this was back in the 90,s when they were a real rarity, 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If you or any one else here lives in the area and saw a deer in the location I have given that would be clear evidence that the driver is wrong, that is what I,m interested in just the truth if  it supports or disproves my claims, I see rare and unusual birds and mammals regularly on my travels and they are an interesting sideline of what I,m doing, I,ve said on numerous occasions I don't need anyone here to believe me as I know , but the point I was trying to make is the vast effort some people make to prove nothing for or against but just to give them a voice and maybe get a like ? If I was being defensive about the subject and only want to talk to people that agree with me I have a countrywide network of people that fit the bill we could all be secretive together but I like to here valid opinions from both sides that's all, next week I,m helping out with a speech and presentation to a classroom full of vetanary students I,m sure there will be a few that don't agree but I would expect a reasonable argument to be presented rather than as sandy puts it some gentle baiting which would be like having the class dick shouting stupid remarks from the back of the room  the whole evening, 

What you class as shouting from the back of the room are actually valid questions and observations, just a shame you are unable to answer any with equally valid answers or evidence. You continually refer to evidence etc so why is none of this in the public domain, is one to surmise that every single big cat spotter is some kind of reclusive, conspiracy theorist who refuses to make public their findings? 

If i were to find evidence of an alien species such as a big cat I would be straight on to getting it validated and published much as i would the discovery of a rare bird, protection comes with knowledge. Perhaps big cats only show themselves to certain people, this doesn't include, lampers, day walkers, hunts, bird watchers, wildlife film makers etc. I've spent a large large proportion of my 50+ years in the countryside, day and night throughout a large proportion of the UK, hunting, bird-watching, fishing and generally just being out and about. In each place i quickly found the local wildlife either by tracks, scats or seeing, I can find deer, otters, mink, polecats, the latter at the time were thought extinct in the county, yet I've never found a single trace of a big cat, neither has anyone else it would seem or there would be evidence beyond what someone saw driving along a motorway in a split second. 

You are saying there is a breeding population of big cats in the UK yet none have ever been recorded???????Not even indirectly via droppings, hair, camera trap??? 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I know there are some on here that think it's ok to talk about other people's business,  but trust is a big part of what I do and if people ask me not to share things then I,m sorry but that's how it stays, each person has there own reasons some might sound stupid and others are blatantly obvious but all of them are as valid as each other sorry  

How unlucky that every single one of these cracking photos you've been sent can't be publicly shared. Real shame that.

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic