Crocodile spotted this week in the thames,it made the newspapers,plastic garden ornament.

we had a real one pulled from a reservoir near me this summer, no if,s no but,s it was an alligator or croc 100 percent but what are we trying to say? All leads need to be followed as far as possible and tomorrow night after an 8hr day of plastering I will be driving 100 miles to meet the man I mentioned earlier who says he was charged by a cat age 9 and is writing a book on it, I probably spend more time than the pessimists following up these things to prove or disprove the claims,

This one? http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/09/baby-crocodile-found-dumped-in-uk-reservoir-6841474/

Can't see any crocodilian surviving long term in the UK it just isn't warm enough.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Crocodile spotted this week in the thames,it made the newspapers,plastic garden ornament.

we had a real one pulled from a reservoir near me this summer, no if,s no but,s it was an alligator or croc 100 percent but what are we trying to say? All leads need to be followed as far as possible and tomorrow night after an 8hr day of plastering I will be driving 100 miles to meet the man I mentioned earlier who says he was charged by a cat age 9 and is writing a book on it, I probably spend more time than the pessimists following up these things to prove or disprove the claims,

This one? http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/09/baby-crocodile-found-dumped-in-uk-reservoir-6841474/

Can't see any crocodilian surviving long term in the UK it just isn't warm enough.

I think that's the one unless there were more as I think the one I saw was a bit bigger than that one, as the last surviving dinosaur I would imaging they are pretty adapt at surviving most things though I,m not suggesting they are living wild in the uk though Terrapins have been living in uk waters for at least twenty years that I no of,

I think that's the one unless there were more as I think the one I saw was a bit bigger than that one, as the last surviving dinosaur I would imaging they are pretty adapt at surviving most things though I,m not suggesting they are living wild in the uk though Terrapins have been living in uk waters for at least twenty years that I no of,

The terrapins have been here for even longer than that and have even managed to breed successfully in recent years but they generally come from cooler climates than crocodiles. Most crocodilian species will start shutting down if they can't maintain their body temperature at around 25 degrees.

Any found in UK waters will have been very recently dumped IMO.

• Like 1

The terrapins have been here for even longer than that and have even managed to breed successfully in recent years but they generally come from cooler climates than crocodiles. Most crocodilian species will start shutting down if they can't maintain their body temperature at around 25 degrees.

Any found in UK waters will have been very recently dumped IMO.

have to agree with you on that one, plus it's hard enough trying to prove the excistance of one alien species I don't have time to look for more,
  • Like 1

How easy is it to get hold of a crocodile as a pet?

Applying for a DWA licence (which you need to keep any crocodilian) is quite a process including vet inspection of your property and the animal's enclosure etc and varies a lot from area to area with some councils basically refusing to ever grant them and some making it relatively easy.

As for buying them they're not that expensive and easily sourced from reptile shows in Europe or even some shops in the UK, it's the housing that's the big expense even the smallest species still need a fair sized outbuilding or dedicated room as an enclosure.

If you wanted to do it under the radar it's not hard to get hold of one on the black market in the UK and I'm told it's not even that hard to smuggle one in yourself from Europe/Ireland.

no sorry tried and failed to add a link, if you type chew crocodile into the sun online there is a vid of them catching it, if it's the same one like I said looks a bit bigger in the vid

Edited by Greyman

Aye that's the same one but it does look a bit bigger in the video. Still looks like a very young one though probably less than a year old I'd say, no doubt bought by some twat to show off with and was promptly dumped when the novelty wore off :no:

Yeah it was a small caiman and would have been recently dumped BGD is right.

chew valley is a beautiful part of the world but is blighted by being only a couple of miles from the largest council estate in Bristol so it was probably living on the balcony of high rise flat, even Matt Hayes and mick brown had all there gear nicked when they went there to do some filming for there fishing show a few years back

Lots of reports and some footage coming out of Mississippi at the moment of what appears to be a large black cat, looking at the footage it could be the first black mountain lion caught on film, even some experts are agreeing it's also been heard calling at night adding more weight to the case of it being a puma, this has been another contentious issue which has been argued over for years

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic