• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Just heard a few bits of cat news that I thought I would share as its been a while, news item number one the Lynx project is apparently to go ahead and is being fast tracked with the support of Michael gove who is apparently a big fan of the project, and secondly there is a programme being made for radio 4 regarding people's reactions to encountering big cats, Gordon bucananan has done a piece on the leopards of momby and the group I,m involved with has been contacted regarding uk big cats, they have interviewed a lady from Somerset that saw a mother and Cubs earlier this year and one of the biologists in the group will be on the programme it will be aired in November will give you the date when I have it, this is a positive step towards the acceptance of there presence as I don't think we wil ever get an official acknowledgment but more a gradual acceptance through things like this

• Like 1

I've not read into the lynx release experiment properly but why are they introducing both genders? Surely they would be easier to manage if they weren't breeding and if it all goes Pete tong you've only got the original animals to capture?

I've not read into the lynx release experiment properly but why are they introducing both genders? Surely they would be easier to manage if they weren't breeding and if it all goes Pete tong you've only got the original animals to capture?

that's a very good question, maybe it's another step by the authority,s to cover the fact they were here all along, we have a wild goat experiment going on near me and they have had 6 male goats on the gorge for years to stop them spreading, very interesting point

Just heard a few bits of cat news that I thought I would share as its been a while, news item number one the Lynx project is apparently to go ahead and is being fast tracked with the support of Michael gove who is apparently a big fan of the project, and secondly there is a programme being made for radio 4 regarding people's reactions to encountering big cats, Gordon bucananan has done a piece on the leopards of momby and the group I,m involved with has been contacted regarding uk big cats, they have interviewed a lady from Somerset that saw a mother and Cubs earlier this year and one of the biologists in the group will be on the programme it will be aired in November will give you the date when I have it, this is a positive step towards the acceptance of there presence as I don't think we wil ever get an official acknowledgment but more a gradual acceptance through things like this

Pity they can't cover Michael Gove in kitty Kat and lick him in the enclosure....the odious little toad that he is...

• Like 1

Pity they can't cover Michael Gove in kitty Kat and lick him in the enclosure....the odious little toad that he is...

must be honest I could think of a few million people I,d rather have fighting my corner he is a proper little snake for sure

The Hampstead puma eating the grey cat has been identified as 9 year old Tom ruffus who lives a couple of streets away but I think we had already established that one as fake anyway

Think this the problem greyman. It's like the boy who cried wolf. Too many fakes and staged pictures etc and that's all people see so anything that may even be real is instantly ridiculed as a fake. Shame.

The thing is that it's not the first thing that comes to mind. By the time it is considered it's not an option.

My grandad told me a story of the first time he saw a black man then how they are non native and have spread like fook despite the shite weather. Maybe the pumas can do the same?

• Like 4

Forest showcase this weekend in the Forest of Dean so some local interest, the big cat tent recieved 15 reported sightings, one puma though not seen in the forest but in Dorset,12 black panther type and two Lynx,

• Like 1

I know you have a bit of an interest in these things as well so what are your thoughts on this picture taken last year in Tasmania teasingly close but no banana as usual

Well it has stripes. What else has stripes in Tasmania? Apart from feral cats....

There's an interesting one from last year that shows an unusual animal running across a dirt track in Adelaide. You can clearly see it's gait, which kind of sets it apart from fox/cat?

Edited by Accip74
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic