• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Also one on a trainline?

?

Yeah that's the one. Has that been rubbished now?

i don't think so if I remember the guy filming it was in the police which always makes things more convincing, there a bit like school teachers no one dares disagree with them

Personally the tail looks more like a domestic to me, it's much longer on a leopard and has a hockey stick hook at the end though it is a big domestic if that's what it is referring to the black one on the railway

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1

There was talk of a guy in north Wales who had 2 panthers at his scrap yard... He went to jail and apparently let them go. Grey man have you heard of the footprints in the snow at storey arms below pen yr van in the beacons? Adult and 2 sets of young around the hostel? Atb dc

Here you go,the picture was taken in March, according to the reporter there had been a heavy rain storm the night before and the animal was sunning itself which would seem normal if you had been wet all night,

Back ground looks completely different.

Sorry mate but......

Slightly different angel

Here you go,the picture was taken in March, according to the reporter there had been a heavy rain storm the night before and the animal was sunning itself which would seem normal if you had been wet all night,

Back ground looks completely different.

Sorry mate but......

Slightly different angel

different time of year as well mate and as the one without the cat is taken from Google Earth it's probably about two years older but the rocks are the same

There was talk of a guy in north Wales who had 2 panthers at his scrap yard... He went to jail and apparently let them go. Grey man have you heard of the footprints in the snow at storey arms below pen yr van in the beacons? Adult and 2 sets of young around the hostel? Atb dc

I,ve heard of the scrap yard bloke but not the footprints, but north wales is a good area, seems most large open areas of England were used to get rid of unwanted cats back in the day hence ,Bodmin,exmoor the Cotswolds ( which also had a good head of celeb residents that owned pet cats) north wales,Scotland and the mendips all have regular sightings, but I think as the numbers grow and we build on everything they are closer to habitation now which is increasing the numbers of sightings

Just had a look on YouTube, there's loads lol. Atb dc

Lots of footage on youtube,but nothing conclusive whatsoever,theres always ambiguity unless someone can post footage that shows concrete proof?

I,ve heard of the scrap yard bloke but not the footprints, but north wales is a good area, seems most large open areas of England were used to get rid of unwanted cats back in the day hence ,Bodmin,exmoor the Cotswolds ( which also had a good head of celeb residents that owned pet cats) north wales,Scotland and the mendips all have regular sightings, but I think as the numbers grow and we build on everything they are closer to habitation now which is increasing the numbers of sightings

i live near exmoor and the mendips,been there many,many times.

never heard of any sightings on either.

except when we went on a school trip to exmoor when we heard the exmoor beast story.told to every generation since my mother went on the same trip 30 years previous.

• Like 1

Fair play to you greyman .You are very staunch on your cause ,a cause that I feel will go nowhere but that's your prerogative.

He'll get photos of the b@stards in the wild soon enough when they reintroduce the lynx, another apex predator for our wildlife to contend with, all the ground nesting birds hare rabbits etc. The capercaillie will go the way of the dodo. I've been up close to one of these f@ckers in palacerigg country park back in the 1980s it was lying in its enclosure and then one of the keeper came round and started the feeding routine the c@nt got up big leggy thing with a head like a 30 bob cabbage, more than capable of killing a person in my opinion.they say they stand 1.3m tall thats about 51" ffs.

An area of 10,000 sq miles has been identified for the proposed pilot, which the trust claims could comfortably accommodate 250 lynx. The area would stretch from Loch Lomond and the Trossachs into the West Highlands. Consultation is said to have begun with several landowners

Lynx weigh about 35lb and stand about 20 to 24 inches at the shoulder. They would not be able to kill a healthy grown man even if they did want to
Your right I misread the article, but the one I saw up close was a big f****r.

If it can take a red deer I'm sure it could take a person!!!

Diet/hunting

The Eurasian lynx eats a wide range of prey but tends to focus on roe deer whenever they are available. In their absence other ungulates, including red deer, are typically favoured, and various other small mammals are also often in the diet. Lynx will occasionally hunt gamebirds and, quite rarely, sheep, they are a strict carnivore and will eat 1-2kg of meat per day.

I haven't read this thread in detail, so it may already have been mentioned. But, I've been involved in keeping over 10 years and have come across literally hundreds of keepers from Scotland to Norfolk who never miss a days tracing when there's snow on the ground and there has never been a single report of any footing from a big cat. I'm not denying there'll have been an odd escapee, but there can't be much big cat activity about. I know two lads that have had raccoons in the snow, but never a big cat.

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic