• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Not a big cat kill theres no wounds to the neck or back of head imo

cats don't always kill the animal, I did say this deer was hit by a car but in less than 8 hrs it had been moved, gutted, skinned and eaten,it's the style the animal is consumed that points to cats all these animals are suspected cat dinners from all corners of the country but all are very simular they were killed in different ways but all eaten in the same way no1 suspected cat kill, no2 road kill,no3 shot at night found like this early the next morning and no4 was suspect cat kill and eaten

post-102539-0-94416000-1498999284.jpeg

post-102539-0-01732800-1498999312_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-16813500-1498999332_thumb.jpeg

post-102539-0-91832400-1498999363.jpg

Edited by Greyman

I would also point out that unless you peel the skin back from around the neck the teeth marks are not apparent but are usually quite clear on the inside of the skin and in the flesh as they normally just bite once and hold on until the wind pipe is crushed and the animal suffocates were as a dog usually attacks the rear end and then rags the deer leaving a lot more visible damage sheep are much the same most farmers that loose sheep to dogs knows the difference when they find a cat kill it's apparent immediately

• Like 1

Not a big cat kill theres no wounds to the neck or back of head imo

The guy clearly says it was hit by a car and the next morning it was like that .

Not the sharpest tool in the box is he :D

sorry

• Like 2

Greyman them photos could be real but they pose a few questions. Why didn't they just simply put a trail cam on the carcass and film the cat when it come back?? Surely there must be DNA all over the carcass, any test results? No photos of tracks in the area? No one called in a big cat expert for official analysis of the scene?

Yes something happened to the deer to make them end up like that, but there is no proof to back up it was a cat and not just people on the wind up!

If it all happened in 8 hrs, it can't be that hard for anyone to go and drop a carcass in the same area in the evening, leave a trial cam on it and have footage of one in the morning.

I'm not trying to piss on your fireworks mate, I used to think they were out there somewhere myself but as time goes on there is no solid evidence of any so it gets harder to believe each time!

most of those pictures were just sent to me mate, so are normally just taken by dog walkers or passers by,I don't do so much in the summer due to to many people, but when I move back into my main area in Autumn one of my first things are going to be baiting my cameras with a road kill deer also going to try some lures both visual and audible, the thing is I have always just accepted they were out there so never really bothered trying to prove it, but in the last year or so I,ve started looking for evidence and collecting data it's also the case that when you do come across something you don't always have your camera or swabbing kit with you which has happened to me on occasions, with regard the DNA side of things A I,m not convinced of the honesty of the labs that do it and B it's not as easy as they make it seem on the telly it's also expensive, saliva contains no DNA it's mostly water but there are dead skin cells in your saliva which is what you need to find to get DNA, if the sun gets on the corpse and dries it out the DNA is gone, and lastly if the fox,s and badgers get on it before you find it again you have very little chance of getting a sample, so the chances of finding a very fresh wet carcass that has not been touched by other animals whilst your carrying your six swabs and six sandwhich bags to keep them fresh and separate is quite a lot of luck and sorry to say it's not happened to me yet, dental markings are quite a bit more easy to get, usually on the hip bone and can't be mistaken for anything else, I know the group I send my stuff off to have a few good dental records from bones in there possession which have been confirmed as cat bite marks, what you also have to understand is that due to the fact governments and councils don't really want it proven plus the amount of people that want to shoot the ideal of big cats down at all costs means that when a case is finally made to prove beyond any doubt we have cats living and breeding in the uk it has to be 120 percent water tight otherwise it will just get brushed aside like all the hundreds of sightings do every other year in this country, there are lots of people like myself all over the country collecting little bits of information , I don't know many of the people or what they have sent in and they don't know me or what I have sent in,
  • Like 1

I seen the panther when I was 15 yrs old with a bloke and his son and sons mate and that was 1985 when we were out lampung,and I can still remember it like yesterday and always said I don't care who believes me as we know what we seen.i put it down to right place right time.

I used to know a dark skinned lad possibly mixed-race hence his nickname Coco (No PC back then) around about 1985,he was from Hartlepool or darlington who told me he lamped a black panther near Hartlepool somewhere.
He wasn't an all edged netter of salmon was he mate ?.

I seen the panther when I was 15 yrs old with a bloke and his son and sons mate and that was 1985 when we were out lampung,and I can still remember it like yesterday and always said I don't care who believes me as we know what we seen.i put it down to right place right time.

I used to know a dark skinned lad possibly mixed-race hence his nickname Coco (No PC back then) around about 1985,he was from Hartlepool or darlington who told me he lamped a black panther near Hartlepool somewhere.

I don't know of the lad he means I was just putting what we seen and stood witnessing it for a good few minutes before it went.that was 32yrs ago I was 15 the man I was with he was in his early 30s and his son and sons mate who were both 11.

I think he was mate to be perfectly honest,but I think his preferred river was the tee's most people were into fish back then,except the likes of myself :)

I think he was mate to be perfectly honest,but I think his preferred river was the tee's most people were into fish back then,except the likes of myself :)

I know the fella you mean mate, still likes the odd trip out to the riverbank......glad to hear you never strayed from the straight and narrow.......
  • Like 1

I know the fella you mean mate, still likes the odd trip out to the riverbank......glad to hear you never strayed from the straight and narrow.......

Small world innit ;)

• Like 2

One observation on the photos of carcases is that the removal of guts carefully like that is typical of a cat. Big cats in zoos will even remove the guts from rabbits. You all know I'm sure that dogs will gobble up guts. I have also watched badgers happily slurping down deer innards from a gralloch

One observation on the photos of carcases is that the removal of guts carefully like that is typical of a cat. Big cats in zoos will even remove the guts from rabbits. You all know I'm sure that dogs will gobble up guts. I have also watched badgers happily slurping down deer innards from a gralloch

Guts arnt first choice for fox either

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic