if you think about all the hounds that run the uk i'm sure they would of stumbled on one by now.

I thought i saw one once on christmas day back in 1995ish walking the dog with my parents it was a large black animal didnt move like a dog but was the size of a lab (estimate) but who knows.

Most packs are Brocken to cats , they even keep them in the kennels by me (bad for PR) if they keep killing them . But you would have thought one might have broken cover and been spotted, maybe they are all up in the trees? But there are so many out at night with NV or lamping , I can't believe we haven't got one down yet . I makes me think they aren't out there.

On the nv etc debate . I've read about that, drones,lampers etc but how many people actually own NV,thermal , drones in comparison to the size of the UK . If all these gadgets had been around for 50 years widespread and we were like now( no confirmed sighting) then I'd agree but these things are relitevly new in the scene of things and with the whole woodland in the UK their area is probably a dot in comparison

if you think about all the hounds that run the uk i'm sure they would of stumbled on one by now.

I thought i saw one once on christmas day back in 1995ish walking the dog with my parents it was a large black animal didnt move like a dog but was the size of a lab (estimate) but who knows.

Most packs are Brocken to cats , they even keep them in the kennels by me (bad for PR) if they keep killing them . But you would have thought one might have broken cover and been spotted, maybe they are all up in the trees? But there are so many out at night with NV or lamping , I can't believe we haven't got one down yet . I makes me think they aren't out there.

On the nv etc debate . I've read about that, drones,lampers etc but how many people actually own NV,thermal , drones in comparison to the size of the UK . If all these gadgets had been around for 50 years widespread and we were like now( no confirmed sighting) then I'd agree but these things are relitevly new in the scene of things and with the whole woodland in the UK their area is probably a dot in comparison

The way I would answer about the NV question is like this , around my area nearly every field or wood is part of a shoot or has livestock that needs protection. A lot is keepered ground , if only half the shooters looking after the ground have NV that is still large swathes of the countryside being observed at night . Most keepers I know now have or have access to NV . Chances are if you are driving along and see the countryside those fields have someone shooting over them , or if not the boys with running dogs will be shining a beam over it now and then .
sorry to bring this one back but I,ve been away for a few days,( and it's my favourite subject) can I ask you what part of Gloucestershire you are from as Gloucestershire is one of the hottest area,s in the uk for cat sightings I also know of a farmer in south Gloucester that stopped the hunt coming on his land after they put up a cat and he had people coming back at night trying to lamp it, the edge of the Cotswolds around Stroud has lots of national trust and common land all along it and this is were many of the signs and sightings are found, I won't go into it to deep as there was a million page thread on the subject a few weeks ago and I bored everyone to within an inch of there lives but night vision, drones and thermal imaging along with dash cams will make it become impossible to ignore within a few years, of this I,m sure

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I,ve said it before mate hybridisation is a real problem in cats this is a pumard, a leopar/puma hybrid that was bred for the wealthy in the early 1900,s ligers are quite common which is a lion tiger hybrid and there is a guy in the states that is trying to recreate the sabre tooth tiger through hybridisation and he recons he is one cross away, so with the low population in England hybrids are a very real issue hence a lot of the cat sightings here are a bit tough to ID because there is a strong possibility they are strange crosses, a common side effect of the puma leopard cross was dwarfism which made them look even more appealing as pets but a nightmare to ID if you happened across one

post-102539-0-13557200-1498488580.jpeg

• Like 1

The way I would answer about the NV question is like this , around my area nearly every field or wood is part of a shoot or has livestock that needs protection. A lot is keepered ground , if only half the shooters looking after the ground have NV that is still large swathes of the countryside being observed at night . Most keepers I know now have or have access to NV . Chances are if you are driving along and see the countryside those fields have someone shooting over them , or if not the boys with running dogs will be shining a beam over it now and then .
sorry to bring this one back but I,ve been away for a few days,( and it's my favourite subject) can I ask you what part of Gloucestershire you are from as Gloucestershire is one of the hottest area,s in the uk for cat sightings I also know of a farmer in south Gloucester that stopped the hunt coming on his land after they put up a cat and he had people coming back at night trying to lamp it, the edge of the Cotswolds around Stroud has lots of national trust and common land all along it and this is were many of the signs and sightings are found, I won't go into it to deep as there was a million page thread on the subject a few weeks ago and I bored everyone to within an inch of there lives but night vision, drones and thermal imaging along with dash cams will make it become impossible to ignore within a few years, of this I,m sure
Im not far from Birdlip , we hunt over a lot of National trust ground not far from Stroud . I know stalkers from Stroud , they haven't seen any big cats either , most of those large National trust woods have high seats all over them and have a high population of fallow , roe and Muntjac and are regularly stalked. Something you should know about Stroud is that there are a lot of Hippies and artist types living in that area , go to the town centre on a Saturday and it looks like a crusty juggler convention ( tie dye, and dreadlocks) . I'm not surprised that they see a lot of "big cats " around that area . Indeed they probably see a lot of UFOs , Lord Lucan , Shergar and I believe Elvis is sometimes spotted leaving his one bedroom maisonette , going for a pint at the legion .
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Im not far from Birdlip , we hunt over a lot of National trust ground not far from Stroud . I know stalkers from Stroud , they haven't seen any big cats either , most of those large National trust woods have high seats all over them and have a high population of fallow , roe and Muntjac and are regularly stalked. Something you should know about Stroud is that there are a lot of Hippies and artist types living in that area , go to the town centre on a Saturday and it looks like a crusty juggler convention ( tie dye, and dreadlocks) . I'm not surprised that they see a lot of "big cats " around that area . Indeed they probably see a lot of UFOs , Lord Lucan , Shergar and I believe Elvis is sometimes spotted leaving his one bedroom maisonette , going for a pint at the legion .
I love Stroud on a Saturday, it's a good day out, if you pop into nailsworth most people seem to accept there is a big cat living in the woods along the edge of the Cotswolds, Gloucester police even picked a dead one up off the road near there in 2014 they even have a dedicated Bobby that deals with all the reports but I guess seeing is believing and until you see one you won't believe
  • Like 1

I,ve said it before mate hybridisation is a real problem in cats

Good job we don't get these kicking about,imagine them scratching up the flower beds in the garden :blink:

post-1930-0-90975500-1498493311_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-07745200-1498493324.jpg

I love Stroud on a Saturday, it's a good day out, if you pop into nailsworth most people seem to accept there is a big cat living in the woods along the edge of the Cotswolds, Gloucester police even picked a dead one up off the road near there in 2014 they even have a dedicated Bobby that deals with all the reports but I guess seeing is believing and until you see one you won't believe
l know , that would explain why I am an atheist . I find it incredible that people believe a 2000 year old story about a man that walked on water and rose up from the dead . Some people have faith and some don't . Until I see one , or better still stood over its lifeless body posing for a photie with my rifle in my hands I'm going to be in the nonbeliever camp .
  • Like 1

Funnily enough I saw one along with 2 other guys when waiting with a terrierman for a hunt to come through near Cheltenham 11 years back. Scared the shit out of all of us, came through about 20 mins before the hounds and everything went quiet as it came through! Birds stopped chirping, rabbits shot in, it was weird! It went passed a 5 bar gate and the hounds took the same track so a size comparison was pretty obvious! All of us turned and said to each other DID YOU SEE THAT???? Never seen anything like it before or since but it was certainly a sandy puma type cat.

If you think about it logically, you have an animal the size of a Puma , think about what it eats , think about the amount of protein it needs to maintain condition? Anyone with a large dog knows how much grub you need to give them . In my opinion if there were big cats out there we would be seeing them a lot more and we would be losing a lot of livestock to them . I've had people I know say that they have seen big cats one even showed me some footage on her phone ,.... it was just a moggie , because when I made the screen bigger you could see a red collar. I think it all stems from perception of size over a distance. Got to say I am intrigued by Ratattacks account of events... who knows ?

• Like 1

A big cat will need an average of 2 to 4 percent of its bodyweight pet day depending on age activity weather etc. So let's say a 100 lb puma will need say 30kg per week or say one roe deer for arguments sake8

A big cat will need an average of 2 to 4 percent of its bodyweight per day depending on age activity weather etc. So let's say a 100 lb puma will need say 30lb per week or say one roe deer for arguments sake

Edited by beast

A big cat will need an average of 2 to 4 percent of its bodyweight per day depending on age activity weather etc. So let's say a 100 lb puma will need say 30kg per week or say one roe deer for arguments sake

roe deer

cats

rabbits

foxes

enough prey about for one i suppose

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic