Bee Removal Cost

Done my 'Bit,... with Bees',.. :laugh:

Now, (in common with other busy Pesters),..during this busiest time of the year),..it isn't financially viable , to be fecking around, sorting out nuisance colonies of bees :no:

For the next few months, it has to be guerrilla tactics,..a quick in and out,..get them Wasp nests, 'done and dusted',...then,...onto the next earner... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aint as simple as that. Depends on where the bees are, how long they have been there.   If they are "in" and inaccessible to be removed or extracted (which from my experience takes fecking hours) t

Most honey bee colonies are something to behold, a wasp nest this aint! At this time of year, you could be talking about 40-50,000 bees and that is going to take some time to die off. A large proport

Bees from other hives will rob the honey from treated nest. Honey will be toxic after treatment, then the robber bees hive will die too.   Plus if left in place will eventually drip down into walls

Not a bad price for the work involved.

I treated a huge bee colony the other day, must've been thousands in the air after the dust went in!! no way to get them out and a householder who is very allergic to bee stings. Only one option unfortunately.

....I'm following Mr wasp and Phil's lead from now on...

Just treated a big colony on the side of an apartment block...

Numerous visits in different apartments to try to locate the actual nest site in the wall

Treatment visit hanging out of a window.

Return next day to block via abseiling equipment.

Numerous phone calls over past few days to report bees appearing in apartments, some requiring visits to put their, and my, mind at rest as to what's going on.

Not fckin worth it.

• Like 1

As above, i avoid honey bees where possible . Had to destroy a nest day before yesterday mind, HBs in airbrick. Got a call, went to visit, big listed building. They had already had local beekeeper club round to try entice them out to no avail, left with no option. Dusted, waited 12 hrs then plugged.

• Like 1

Interesting stuff, my mrs has had 3 swarms arrive in the garden at work in the last few weeks, each time the swarm went on a branch of one of the trees, local fella came and took them, last time they went in the chimney and no one would touch them.

If only I had a couple hives I would have also taken the easy swarms.

Isn't there a pheromone available to make them swarm ,I'm sure bee keepers use it to catch the Queen

There is a spray called bee quick which will run the bees out of most places but then you have to deal with them on the outside.. easy enough if you've the time.

Isn't there a pheromone available to make them swarm ,I'm sure bee keepers use it to catch the Queen

There is a spray called bee quick which will run the bees out of most places but then you have to deal with them on the outside.. easy enough if you've the time.

With this its fine if you can get it into the void where the bees have taken up residence its really made for clearing bees from supers so bee keepers can take the frames away for honey extraction.

Getting this stuff on a fume pad and into a chimney or a small hole where a cavity is present ...... You might struggle

• 1 month later...