Bee Removal Cost

A mate of mine had bees in the gable end. Call to Mr pestle and quoted £85 to sort. Turns up and says "honey bees, can't do it".... eventually agrees but says needs more 'stuff' to kill them and cost goes up to £200......mate paid it. I have no idea if this is reasonable or not......said I would ask on here....

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aint as simple as that. Depends on where the bees are, how long they have been there.   If they are "in" and inaccessible to be removed or extracted (which from my experience takes fecking hours) t

Most honey bee colonies are something to behold, a wasp nest this aint! At this time of year, you could be talking about 40-50,000 bees and that is going to take some time to die off. A large proport

Bees from other hives will rob the honey from treated nest. Honey will be toxic after treatment, then the robber bees hive will die too.   Plus if left in place will eventually drip down into walls

Don't folk go collect em for nowt if it's bee's

Aint as simple as that.

Depends on where the bees are, how long they have been there.

If they are "in" and inaccessible to be removed or extracted (which from my experience takes fecking hours) then the only option would be to kill them. They are not protected despite what you may have been told. But it is required for bee treatments to be blocked after treatment to prevent other bees raiding the treated nest out.

If they are to be killed, there are other considerations to take into account.

If they have been there for any length of time (i.e since last year) there will be a substantial amount of comb and at this time of year that comb will be pretty full of honey.

If you kill them, what happens to that comb and honey?

Anyway, 200 quid to kill bees, depends on all the above, but its not outrageous in my opinion.

• Like 4

Bees from other hives will rob the honey from treated nest. Honey will be toxic after treatment, then the robber bees hive will die too.

Plus if left in place will eventually drip down into walls / ceilings etc...

Edited by Torquemada
  • Like 2

Cheers fellas, seems £200 + wasn't too steep then, seemed a lot to me....

Is he going back to block it? If not the £200 isn't going to even touch the fine they can expect

how does it work with blocking the entrance ? do you block it as soon as you've done it or have you gota do it later ?.........I thought hed blocked it as soon as he'd done it....

We had a customer ring the other day and said that a company called Beegone had quoted £5k plus vat to remove a colony that had established themselves in a chimney. They were going to erect scaffolding take down the chimney breast remove the bees live and then the comb and honey before rebuilding the chimney back up. So £200 sounds ok to me

• Like 1

Cheers fellas, seems £200 + wasn't too steep then, seemed a lot to me....

Is he going back to block it? If not the £200 isn't going to even touch the fine they can expect

how does it work with blocking the entrance ? do you block it as soon as you've done it or have you gota do it later ?.........I thought hed blocked it as soon as he'd done it....

Most honey bee colonies are something to behold, a wasp nest this aint!

At this time of year, you could be talking about 40-50,000 bees and that is going to take some time to die off. A large proportion of those will have been out foraging when the nest was killed and it could take some hours before those bees return to the nest and die.

If the fella blocked instantly he would have killed maybe a 3rd of the entire colony = amatuer.

If he didnt block up afterwards that = amatuer.

If he returned the next day to block up AND had talked the customer through the pitfalls of killing the bees and they agreed they wanted it done then the pester is ok.

For the record i wont touch the fecking things anymore.

Bees, Bats and Badgers the three b's to avoid like the plague.

Edited by Mr Wasp
  • Like 3