Winter Coat

35 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I've got a couple pairs of their waterproof trousers. For the money, it's brilliant! I'll wear the single skin ones with a synthetic base layer in torrential rain and end of day I'm not even damp under. But I don't wear the insulated ones until the temps are freezing because it's sweaty as f**k. I'm not really interested in their jackets, I'd rather spend considerably more on a jacket personally but I'm sure they are also very good value.

Think my bottoms cost like 25 and 40 quid respectively. Def recommend.

I was thinking more about high seat and hide use or in my case sitting in the woods with the pan on the go

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

I’m sorry have I given the impression I’m tough? Should I have made a threat? I’m new to this.

Talking of Altberg, I received these today. Just need to break them in for my little trip in a few months time....  

Posted Images

On 05/02/2019 at 14:45, low plains drifter said:

The Solognac gear looks canny for cold weather a lot cheaper aswell

bought a pair of  verney carron ibex pro hunter trousers few seasons ago....given them some stick tbf and they been well worth the money....just ordered myself the jacket.747436044_Screenshot_20190207-192829_SamsungInternet.jpg.d15498425d846a6d77ed08eb6e774491.jpg

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

bought a pair of  verney carron ibex pro hunter trousers few seasons ago....given them some stick tbf and they been well worth the money....just ordered myself the jacket.747436044_Screenshot_20190207-192829_SamsungInternet.jpg.d15498425d846a6d77ed08eb6e774491.jpg

what brand is that jacket?

i cant find it on their site

Been using the solognac trousers and jacket for a few seasons now and they’ve been spot on, trousers have taken a hammering but there’s still a season left in em. Couldn’t bring myself to spend any more as black thorn and barbed wire doesn’t care what you’ve paid for your gear it’ll still fcuk it up. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 2
  • 1 year later...
11 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Nearly choked them till I done the exchange haha I’ll leave it till you had yours a while longer for a review, but not a bad price that is it?

I've never heard a bad word about Swazi. Only thing I'm a touch sceptical about is they don't use legit Gore-Tex anymore. Find out when it fucks down with rain soon....

Stoney Creek seem to have taken a good chunk of their market mind. Stuff's just too baggy on me. I had my eye on one of these.

https://www.stoneycreek.co.nz/shop/layering-system/rainwear-layer/tundra-jacket.html?layer=1&limit=100

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t suppose you come across a pair a them landborough trousers have you? Could be doing with a pair for days where I wanna be wearing best ? an they look quite smart, I’ll have a check for some reviews ?

Nah mate, fraid not. Well, I have but not paid much attention to them. They've got an outlet in the UK. https://www.stoneycreekhunting.co.uk/shop/clothing/trousers-and-shorts/landsborough-trousers.html

Strong money for a fair weather trouser though!