Winter Coat

Well, no, I've never actually faced the rigors of the Dales, and perhaps my smock would not be up to the task...:hmm:

In truth, I just don't know,..all I can say is,.I've seen a lot of the Moorland Keepers wearing the Ridgeline Smocks/Coats in various publications and DVDs, and I feel that the Sealand Smock is equal to them, performance wise.

Only time will tell...

You must go with your hunch,.I always do...:victory:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

I’m sorry have I given the impression I’m tough? Should I have made a threat? I’m new to this.

Talking of Altberg, I received these today. Just need to break them in for my little trip in a few months time....  

Posted Images

Screenshot_20170925-234535.thumb.png.cfedfa3247b28796091b86a62b8f39ac.png

When it's cold or wet I wear one of these, 1st one lasted me 6 seasons, digging, lamping, on the hills, when you get warm unzip the sides, little  elasticated strap you can clip under from front to back stop it riding up, got matching trousers that I use for fishing, never been cold or wet, my mates in armed forces swear by them. Been up in the Highlands - 10 plus, warm as toast?base and midlayers paramo and mammut. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Screenshot_20170925-234535.thumb.png.cfedfa3247b28796091b86a62b8f39ac.png

When it's cold or wet I wear one of these, 1st one lasted me 6 seasons, digging, lamping, on the hills, when you get warm unzip the sides, little  elasticated strap you can clip under from front to back stop it riding up, got matching trousers that I use for fishing, never been cold or wet, my mates in armed forces swear by them. Been up in the Highlands - 10 plus, warm as toast?base and midlayers paramo and mammut. 

A pal I go pigeon shooting with has one of these and he swears by it as well.

• Like 1

I can highly recommend the Montane Extreme Smock. I’ve got one and have used it in extreme conditions down to -13 and had no issues. If anything, too warm, unzip the vets in the sides and your golden. Massive kangaroo pouch on the front and a connected hand warming pocket behind that. A guy I know used mine when out ice climbing in Iceland a couple of years back. First day he wore a full layering system, baselayer, mid layer, heavy mid layer, outer shell. By the end of the day he was absolutely soaked through, freezing cold and edging on hypothermic. I’d advised him to take an extreme smock and leant him mine. Next day he wore a base and a mid and then the smock. He was comfy all day but after some work got too hot so removed the mid and wore a base layer and the smock for the rest of the day. He SWORE by it. Brought one as soon as he got back. Absolutely fantastic jackets. Even if they are soaking wet they will keep you warm, and I can say that from experience, they aren’t water proof! But they are wind proof and will keep you warm when wet! Buy one! Love em!

edit: did I mention they have a lifetime warranty? I used to sell this stuff for a living, used a lot of it too. Out of everything I brought from when I used to work where I did, this is one of the few things I still have that I use all the time. That and my Osprey rucksacks. 

• Like 1
On 24/06/2017 at 06:53, the goat said:

Genuinely the first person I know not to rate them. Paramo and musto are quality too I hear...

I've had paramo & as a jacket I'd say it's ok but you have to keep on waterproofing them .

I’ve never been cold in this jacket !! 

My battered old rab infinity 

I often invyhe autumn or early winter stick it in without any layers on to walk the dog at the coast 

it’s that warm!!! 

it repel anything mid winter with a t shirt on 

and over a hoody or jumper it’s incredible 

mine has been everywhere and it’s trashed but still going strong! 

The reviews speak for them selves 

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/uog-reviews-rab-infinity-g-jacket-i1444

and there not overly priced 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rab+infinity+jacket&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

its an absolutely essential jacket 

4460D6EB-1B07-4572-ACA0-3A1BDA2BE739.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Buffalo Special 6 .

my recommendation for next season chaps.

I've given the buffalo mountain shirt some hammer this season and it stood up well.

A good base layer of merino etc and I've been a happy chappy.