Tuner Suggestion For Bsa R10 Sc

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I can carry out the work you require, I own my own airguns repair business and am very local to you. If you'd like to chat about it leave me a PM or contact me via my web page.

www.customairguns.co.uk

Admin/mods, if this type of post is not allowed please let me know.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone suggest someone to tune a BSA R10 mk2, must be reliable and deliver the goods.

Cheers.

i am a complete airgun tuning novice but this is a true story. A few years ago i bought a 2nd hand bsa mk2 in poor condition , leaky seals etc acctually shooting 9.2ft/lb ith my favourite 30g Bisley magnums in 22

i decided to strip this rifle down at home carefully, not only changing the hammer spring but a couple of homemade mods to the hammer assembly. Against everyones advice i also the removed the tamper proof John Bowkett regulator i drilled and polished the transfer port, stripped the regulator and cleaned it , made a couple of little tweaks, put back together and reassembled the gun. At this point i was unsure whether the gun would fore at all but afdter charging to around 230bar i loaded a magazine of the 30 grain bisley magnums, cocked the lever and took my first shot thru the chrono and to my surprise it was reading 41.4 ft/lbs .After another couple of similar readings i thought the chrono must be wrong so i placed the yellow pages on the floor intending to count the amount of pages it would penetrate only to find the bisley magnum had travelled straight thru the phpne book ad stuck around 3/4 inch into a concrete floor. but surely i thought this power cannot be at all consistant, but when regharged , reloaded and tested i could get 16 full power shots with only a 50 ft/per sec variation.

i decided to field test it for accuracy and at 70, 90 & 100 yards could aim at a matchbox with no hold over at all and put a pellet thnru shot after shot.

I then tried with one of the small cans of energy drinks and at 150 yds hit the can and ripped straight thru without even wobbeling the can.

Surely air rifles supposed to be capable of this sort of power and accuracy. 6 months previouslky i had bought myself a .22 rimfire rifle but knowing then what i know know i dont think i would have bothered.

• 2 weeks later...

you had obvously done something to the regulator to stop it working all to gether because even at 2000 psi the r10 will not produce 40ft. depending on the cal of the rifle the reg will be set no higher then 100 bar and thats a .177 with a 12 inch barrel so a 15.5 inch barrel will have a much lower reg pressure