Insect Obsessing

Had a chap a few years ago with parasitosis. Went three times and he kept showing me a collection of fleas he had caught, crumbs , fluff dirt ECT. Also found two job sheets from other company's who had been out.

Tried to talk it through with him but ended up just ignoring his calls.

I get one or two a year. Got one really bad one at the minute and his family want a report. I've heard of some horror stories where people have got local press and councillors on their side because 'pest controllers arnt taking them seriously'....so I want to cover myself

Encountered several crazy 'buggers' over the years....

The worst ones, are those that 'see' rodents in their house,...'watching them',.etc,...

It pays to be 100% firm with these poor deluded folk,...it is a big mistake trying to pacify or humour them,...worst of all,..to foolishly undertake any treatment,.however light,...in a situation where (as a Pro)...you know only too well, that no pest really exists...

Always best to be, 'too busy' to take on the job...

We are trained Pest Control Operatives,...not Mental Nurses.... :thumbs:

We used to have a electric fly trap in our mess room , one of the sparkies stole it and installed it in his workshop as hes shit scared of flys but hes a funny wee f****r at the best of times

Had quite a few working for local authorities..remember one case where the customer was complaining of things crawling all over her..then the husband and kids..treated for mites and removed old birds nests from loft etc etc..ULV the loft..sprayed the whole house...repeated 3 times over a period of weeks. .Customer would not believe there was nothing there...although all traps and inspections revealed nothing etc etc.. She ended up complaining and getting a refund on her treatments..then they employed Rentafool to come in and heat treat the whole property...at great expense as we know.

Few weeks later she's back on the phone to us asking for a new appointment... definite case of " delusional parasitosis "

I remember turning up at a fellas house and he asked me what was popping out of the arms on his coat sleeves on the back of his chair.. he describes this reptile like ungodly creature that's plaguing his life etc etc.... I'm thinking lost snake,lizards etc etc... I looked everywhere and eventually realized he was not quite all there...lol... it ended up like a pantomime with him going " Its there behind you " . I was trying my best to keep calm and try not to crack up.

I get one or two a year. Got one really bad one at the minute and his family want a report. I've heard of some horror stories where people have got local press and councillors on their side because 'pest controllers arnt taking them seriously'....so I want to cover myself

Cover yourself and write every detail down mate..including conversations/advice you've given. When you get one of these types of customers it usually ends in them doing there best to complain to everyone and anyone who will listen to them. Unfortunately these days there's more people employed in the complaints and claims sector than the people actually out there doing the real work.