Humping Behaviour In Bitch Pup

Can anyone shed any light on this type of behaviour in a pup, is it normal & a phase she will grow out of ? Its not a huge problem I am curious more than anything

Kay I'll send you a copy of my training guide love ;)

But in a nutshell to fix this behaviour; yep you got it, it involves a bit of a strong hand. You need to buy electrodes, a 12v car battery, a pineapple and some rubber gloves. Pm me when you bought the items and I'll tell you what to do next ;)

Mounting is normally seen as a dominant trait depending on who or what she is mounting and in what scenario ..........

She does it to some of her toys & the draught excluder I have not had an issue with her doing it to people so far

Just over exuberant puppy behaviour then Kay ... one of my mates was pinged to do a three month tour two days after buying in a new pup so I was left to look after the little fukcer ... at eight weeks of age he would run around with a little teddy bear toy and and just stop and hump it ... this went on for about 6 weeks then stopped as quick as it started ......

• Like 2

Pups are born with all these innate traits , a lot of them are triggered by something stopping or play stopping, a pup will mount another when play stops , when play stops the pup encounters resistance , it then has a number of traits to fall back on , barking , mounting , scraping, mouthing

I would encourage a bite toy but at the same time as already said it could just fade away

• Like 1

Pups are born with all these innate traits , a lot of them are triggered by something stopping or play stopping, a pup will mount another when play stops , when play stops the pup encounters resistance , it then has a number of traits to fall back on , barking , mounting , scraping, mouthing

I would encourage a bite toy but at the same time as already said it could just fade away

She usually mouths when I check her humping behaviour , but I am getting on top of that with distraction with a rope toy , she is still only 11 weeks old & full on , but I am seeing improvements in the way she responds with consistency , hard work but I am committed to working with her .

Its a new thing for me having a very switched on pup & I am learning as much as she is & enjoying the experience :thumbs:

If she's inside Kay I would crate her up as often as you can, get her used to been in it while your out too,

Try not stimulating too much in the home , her response to excitement will always be an energetic one ,

Best of luck with her

How can a pup learn anything by being crated ... and try not to stimulate her to much ... really ??? I want my pups around me all the time and stimulated and learning constantly ... if they do something they shouldn't correct them ... if they get to excited calm them and correct them ... they learn nothing stuck in a cage and not being stimulated ........

• Like 2