Way Too Long

well lads its been way too long since ive shot the rifle ...first post in a while so apologise if its shit ..well finished work this afternoon and decided to pop out with the hw 98 sfs tuned .177...anyway jumped in the truck 200 yards down the road into the first farm gate ..now im doing a bit of drive by shooting today as its too hot to walk ..anyway bit of a drive around tbe fields saw a few young bunnies in the diatance but nothing worth stalking for ..then came across a fair sized thumper along the hedge right on top of a nice warren that gives the ferrets a good day ..so jumped out of the truck and start the stalk of about 60 yards to be with in a nice range ..well got withing about 50 yards a few months ago this woulnt have been a problem could of probably knocked it over without a twitch but not been out in so long i wanted to get a little closer so carried on to about 30 yards .thata better took a knee lined it up and the old pacer starts doing a few somersaults haha the adrenaline is in full flow ..how ive missed this feeling ..so calmed my self down and let the lead fly and yep big mac cursed me the rabbit just dissapered into the hedge with a grin on its face ...well back to the truck and a few more fields covered then came to what all the boys on the farm call the squirrel field as a few years ago a old grey jumped onto a tractor and gave the old boy a heart attack ..so saw a few along the tree line ..now i know you can drive pretty close to these as they dont seem to be atall bothered so got with in around 25 yards this time and just out of the window took aim at a smallish one let the trigger slip and whack down she goes ..yeeees first in a very long time and the others just twitch their ears and carry on eating so reload and take aim again and let the 98 nudge my shoulder only to miss again ...well im happy with one in the bag so drive a little more but nothing much about so head home ...nice to be back out again and get something in the bag thanks all for reading ....and if some one could please explain the photo uploading process id be glad to start uploading a few in the future ...atb Tom

• Like 7

well lads its been way too long since ive shot the rifle ...first post in a while so apologise if its shit ..well finished work this afternoon and decided to pop out with the hw 98 sfs tuned .177...anyway jumped in the truck 200 yards down the road into the first farm gate ..now im doing a bit of drive by shooting today as its too hot to walk ..anyway bit of a drive around tbe fields saw a few young bunnies in the diatance but nothing worth stalking for ..then came across a fair sized thumper along the hedge right on top of a nice warren that gives the ferrets a good day ..so jumped out of the truck and start the stalk of about 60 yards to be with in a nice range ..well got withing about 50 yards a few months ago this woulnt have been a problem could of probably knocked it over without a twitch but not been out in so long i wanted to get a little closer so carried on to about 30 yards .thata better took a knee lined it up and the old pacer starts doing a few somersaults haha the adrenaline is in full flow ..how ive missed this feeling ..so calmed my self down and let the lead fly and yep big mac cursed me the rabbit just dissapered into the hedge with a grin on its face ...well back to the truck and a few more fields covered then came to what all the boys on the farm call the squirrel field as a few years ago a old grey jumped onto a tractor and gave the old boy a heart attack ..so saw a few along the tree line ..now i know you can drive pretty close to these as they dont seem to be atall bothered so got with in around 25 yards this time and just out of the window took aim at a smallish one let the trigger slip and whack down she goes ..yeeees first in a very long time and the others just twitch their ears and carry on eating so reload and take aim again and let the 98 nudge my shoulder only to miss again ...well im happy with one in the bag so drive a little more but nothing much about so head home ...nice to be back out again and get something in the bag thanks all for reading ....and if some one could please explain the photo uploading process id be glad to start uploading a few in the future ...atb Tom

Like ya honesty Tom. Great write up chap. Is that the world famous VHTV 98 by the way?!

• Like 1

thanks rez buddy nice to be out and about ...yep sure is shes a real stunner

Is the mod on it UNF then or grub? Always wondered... Wanna get my 98 UNF threaded but only have one company close by that would do the work. Being a bit picky I suppose, but it needs to be absolutely spot on, as its the last bit of the rifle that the pellet touch, it'll do my swede in if its microscopically off.

• Like 1

Told you he misses more than he hits

OR IS THAT ME LOL :hmm::laugh::tongue2:

ALL WAYS NICE TO PUT SOME THING IN THE BAG :yes:

ONE IS BETTER THAN NONE TOM

TOP CLASS

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

it has never showed any movement with me si took it off to post to me and i put it back on with a new screw hasnt budged atall since putting it on so all good up till now

Bang a few pictures up of it me old China. Might get winser to do me one.

• 2 weeks later...

it has never showed any movement with me si took it off to post to me and i put it back on with a new screw hasnt budged atall since putting it on so all good up till now

havent forgot buddy will try and some this evening for you ?

• Like 1

havent forgot buddy will try and some this evening for you

Nice one :)

havent forgot buddy will try and some this evening for you

Nice one :)

not the best pics but hopefully ok for you ?

20170707_204944_zpspbx4txok.jpg

20170707_204944_zpspbx4txok.jpg

20170707_204941_zpszfr3c4hv.jpg

• Like 1