Any Mitzi L200 Mechanics (Need Advice Please )

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems very cheap to me mate,I use a fella called Roland if you google Mitzi heads he might be able to help very knowledgeable on these engines. Good luck

the pulley and key won`t be the problem, the slot in the crank that the key fits into will be damaged, if your going to piss about bodging it you may as well just weld the pulley straight onto the cra

Thanks Niel There teli me a 5 day turnaround , and if that's the best option I'm going for it , 112k on the clock ,and in great nick , I ant got 7/8'grand for a newer one, I've be out of work fo

not sure whats on the market re locktite these days mate , just a thing when you put it back together try and get a hold of a good powerfull impact gun , the more torque the better

no it is not, you need to get your head around the idea that the bolt is elastic, when tightened properly there is a bit of spring in it, over tighten it and it just stretches, any doubt, use a new bolt, Loctite (there will probably be some on the new bolt) and beg or borrow the right tools to tighten it properly, it was probably f****d up by overtightening it in the first place

Managed to get a torque wrench , and Mitzi manual says 117nM

Thanks again lads

give me the age and spec of your truck, that looks well low, my autodata books quote from 167nm to 186 nm, the figure you have there is more likely the wheel nut torque

• Like 1

my autodata books are 2008, don`t list that engine code but to give you an example the 4d56t engine lists 168-186nm, no mention of replacing the bolt but I would and if the new one looks like plain, clean threads use some Loctite high strength on it

• Like 1

Tried the liquid weld and loctite on my l200 with the same problem. Didn't last a fortnight and the keyway wasn't that badly worn and that was fitting a new woodruff and bolt and pulley and torqued up perfect, ended up doing more damage to the crank the second time round. If I was you I would do as Neil says and get a good man to weld it. A pain in the ass to work at on less you lift the engine out are strip the front end.

I got a piece of flat plate drilled holes in it in line with the pulley bolts, welded a long bar to the plate and used longer bolts to fix pulley and plate in place. I had to use a 5 foot breaking bar to get the crank bolt out, In gear and hand brake on was giving to much movement but would probably do for torquing it back up. In hindsight I should have pulled the engine and dropped a reconditioned back in because a month after the crank was sorted the head gasket went lol. That fecking truck broke my heart.

• Like 1

[quote name="David.evans" post="4486874" timestamp="1498073772"

Managed to get a torque wrench , and Mitzi manual says 117nM

Thanks again lads

How you going to hold the crank?
put it in gear with the handbrake on

Usually to much wind up in the gear train buddy.