Saluki Whippet Greyhound Pup

cracking looking pup in perfect nick,all credit to you,but if it were mine,wouldnt be jumping it over 5 bar gates at 6mth old,gradually increase the height it jumps as it gets older,seen young dogs badly put off jumping by misjudging and landing badly, also not good on growingyoung bones and growth plates in legs,ground is rock hard at moment not good for running or jumping, just take care atb.

• Like 2

Why at 6-1/2 months are you having a "pup" jump a 5 bar gate?

the 5 bar gate is in the ground it's more like the height of chicken wire about 3 ft fella, I wouldn't let the pup jump anything bigger and ground either side is soft, cheers lads
  • Like 2

Why at 6-1/2 months are you having a "pup" jump a 5 bar gate?

the 5 bar gate is in the ground it's more like the height of chicken wire about 3 ft fella, I wouldn't let the pup jump anything bigger and ground either side is soft, cheers lads

fair play mate :thumbs: just got to keep a eye on the wrists with jumping , but 2-3 ft ok now and then . i always had my dogs out from young age 10 weeks onwards , old Bryn 10 this year ,and Buck 5 this year it didnt hurt them . I like x , great for rabbits get good bags with it when its older pleny of pace,agility.stamina :thumbs: how much saluki in it .?

I'm not in any rush with him, when he's finished growing il get him jumping actual gates lol but while he's still got growth in the knuckles he's on beach running and footpath jogs, the sire is a saluki greyhound not sure on percentages and dam Mike Brown whippet, bobza off here owns both dogs, he's standing at 23tts I think another inch or so more to come with a bit of luck. Cheers davy.

• Like 1

I'm not in any rush with him, when he's finished growing il get him jumping actual gates lol but while he's still got growth in the knuckles he's on beach running and footpath jogs, the sire is a saluki greyhound not sure on percentages and dam Mike Brown whippet, bobza off here owns both dogs, he's standing at 23tts I think another inch or so more to come with a bit of luck. Cheers davy.

sounds good that, about 1/4 then saluki , and mike brown whippets are good strong whippets , he should do well :thumbs:

• Like 1