• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my first cross deerhound greyhound dog ,he's 29 inches and 4 year old

Deerhound greyhound x collie greyhound 

Well a big thanks to mick ,cracking pup , settled in well last night didn’t make a noise in kennel super looking pup will keep you all updated 

Posted Images

This is a half cross bitch bred by Alan, 29 inches TTS and around 75 lbs.

d508dfc6-cebb-4a14-ae34-0f2234c12052.jpg

Again

cooling%20off.jpg

Again

cooling%20off.jpg

Dose Alan Charles still breed first crosses?

Again

cooling%20off.jpg

Again

cooling%20off.jpg

Dose Alan Charles still breed first crosses?

I think he does now and again. If I could find fault with his 1st crosses, they tend to be a bit big :blink: . Mines 29 inches and I'd prefer 27 or 28 for bitches ideally and 28-29 for dogs but it is what it is. She's not the best rabbiting dog but makes up for it in other ways. She's a bit of a one man dog too but that's probably my fault as I almost always take her everywhere with me.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Coming into this thread really late hope your all still here! 

My boy Floki is 9 months old now and stands at 24.3".  His father was Deerhound X grey and mother was Deerhound X grey (believed to be.)

I was wondering if any of you guys know how tall he will be fully grown?.

• Like 1

I bred my Greyhound bitch to a mates Deerhound dog,she had 8 pups last Monday with first and last born dead so now have 2 dogs and 4 bitches. I'm keeping 2 bitches and the rest are being gifted to mates who will graft them . 

IMG_3294.JPG

IMG_1658.PNG

IMG_3328.JPG

Edited by MickC
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, CrBarrier said:

Coming into this thread really late hope your all still here! 

My boy Floki is 9 months old now and stands at 24.3".  His father was Deerhound X grey and mother was Deerhound X grey (believed to be.)

I was wondering if any of you guys know how tall he will be fully grown?.

If hes a true first cross to first cross then to me as you say the height and at this age I would go for 29-30tts any chance of a few photos 1-2 of his front knuckles(growth plates) plus any of his parents.I you don't mind me asking whats the Deerhound lines from both sides? and if the greyhounds were ex track what were their names?,atb My hounds.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MickC said:

I bred my Greyhound bitch to a mates Deerhound dog,she had 8 pups last Monday with first and last born dead so now have 2 dogs and 4 bitches. I'm keeping 2 bitches and the rest are being gifted to mates who will graft them . 

IMG_3294.JPG

IMG_1658.PNG

IMG_3328.JPG

Mick if any your mates pull out of having one off these pups il take a bitch of you cash here now..... or if there’s any other deer greys on the ground now anywhere in the uk that anyone no’s about gives a shout

@my hounds thank you so much for your reply! 

I have photos of mom and dad. Mum is the long coated and dad is the brindle.

I will get you a photo of his Front knuckles when I get home just on the school run. 

I had him from a lad in Yorkshire who to be honest seemed to be selling them for the cash I can't tell you any background of the parents as he couldn't tell me much, I am dubious as to whether they are both full grey X deer. 

Hopefully you can help me come to a conclusion. 

Many thanks x

Screenshot_20191010-150124_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191010-150108_Gallery.jpg

10 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Mick if any your mates pull out of having one off these pups il take a bitch of you cash here now..... or if there’s any other deer greys on the ground now anywhere in the uk that anyone no’s about gives a shout

There was more than the 6 pups spoke for mate so they should  all have homes. If any are left il let you know .