• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my first cross deerhound greyhound dog ,he's 29 inches and 4 year old

Deerhound greyhound x collie greyhound 

Well a big thanks to mick ,cracking pup , settled in well last night didn’t make a noise in kennel super looking pup will keep you all updated 

Posted Images

He's not Platt bred ,he's bred from working dogs

Did you get him from Trevor cooklands line?

Nice big dog bye the way, has he stood up to all the physical demands you've put him through?
On edible quarry,never really been tested on teeth ,only had a hand full and that's down to the area I run and the lack of them around
  • Like 1

Did you get him from Trevor cooklands line?
Nice big dog bye the way, has he stood up to all the physical demands you've put him through?
On edible quarry,never really been tested on teeth ,only had a hand full and that's down to the area I run and the lack of them around

Nice to see there's still an albeit small band of guys working these, in the right hands, excellent cross bred animals, all the best with your big dog.

Meiowwwwww lol

obviously you pair have had dogs from dave platts lines,well your entitled to your opinions,but let me say this ive had and worked 2 dogs from dave and they could do the job they were bred to do,tackle anything,good honest loyal dogs,yes id have another,all the years dave been breeding hi=e is still in business so that speaks for it self,and i bet most of the guys who slag his dogs off have never seenone work or owned one, still this is what keeps some folk happy.each to there own.

• Like 2

Haha ? that Platt thing was a joke,I know lads that run his stuff and there happy with them ,I'm not really a fan of all the generation stuff 6th 8th generation they can become cloddy,they want putting back to a sound greyhound better chance of making the grade

• Like 3

Haha that Platt thing was a joke,I know lads that run his stuff and there happy with them ,I'm not really a fan of all the generation stuff 6th 8th generation they can become cloddy,they want putting back to a sound greyhound better chance of making the grade

thats funny because i think the opposite.i don't really like the generation stuff because they look weaker,more racy but weaker.bloody enjoyed my 3/4 deer 1/4 grey and 1/2 x's.

Haha that Platt thing was a joke,I know lads that run his stuff and there happy with them ,I'm not really a fan of all the generation stuff 6th 8th generation they can become cloddy,they want putting back to a sound greyhound better chance of making the grade

thats funny because i think the opposite.i don't really like the generation stuff because they look weaker,more racy but weaker.bloody enjoyed my 3/4 deer 1/4 grey and 1/2 x's.
Each to their own,I've always liked fast racy dogs ?
  • Like 2

They often put greys back over aust stags (deer greys) cause they lack top end speed,but I think its because the old stag blood has been diluted with other slower breeds.I personally wouldn't want anything more than 3/4 grey or I think there feet,coat and bush sense would suffer.

• Like 2

Love the deer/grey cross, he's a fine stamp of an animal

They often put greys back over aust stags (deer greys) cause they lack top end speed,but I think its because the old stag blood has been diluted with other slower breeds.I personally wouldn't want anything more than 3/4 grey or I think there feet,coat and bush sense would suffer.

Lot of the stags have gone to shit due to poor breeding. Blokes just breeding cause they can and not worried about the quality of dogs they're using. Not necessarily because of cross breeding although there is plenty of that too. Get a stag from the right person and they'll keep up with a grey and then keep going when it breaks down

• Like 2

Last time I saw a dog like that was at Lambourne around 1978. Great dogs for large prey like deer but that's not allowed now is it! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The last and first time i frequented Lambourne,early 80,s,the Deerhoundy,s where a tad smaller and more useful looking.