• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my first cross deerhound greyhound dog ,he's 29 inches and 4 year old

Deerhound greyhound x collie greyhound 

Well a big thanks to mick ,cracking pup , settled in well last night didn’t make a noise in kennel super looking pup will keep you all updated 

Posted Images

Do you remember the lorry with the dog crates on the back full of dogs. Rare old days. Atb

the guy with the tiger cage on the lorry was dave thorne a forestry contractor,they reckon he used to keep a norfolk type with deerhound blood in them, and had at least 40 dogs in the 1970s and early 80s,any body know what became of him,couple of pictures of him and cage in hancocks paper back book lambourn, lots of cracking old photos,worth having.atb.

• Like 1

Their was a fella over here in ireland that use to have them and they did a fine job from what i seen on here. Not sure if he still has them or breeds them ?

Somewhere down the south of ireland.

I believe its Alan Charles plus as I am aware he has some decent pure Deerhounds

Ya alan Charles breeds them in ireland I have a full bred deerhound bitch of him only coming to herself now hasant seen a thing yet .

Dose he breed greyhound/Deerhounds? would love to see pic of your full Deerhound.

Do you remember the lorry with the dog crates on the back full of dogs. Rare old days. Atb

the guy with the tiger cage on the lorry was dave thorne a forestry contractor,they reckon he used to keep a norfolk type with deerhound blood in them, and had at least 40 dogs in the 1970s and early 80s,any body know what became of him,couple of pictures of him and cage in hancocks paper back book lambourn, lots of cracking old photos,worth having.atb.
. Don't know what happened to him ,but can remember him saw him a few times around lambourn when camping there he often had rucks a welps tiger the alsation grey came from him we fetched beany from him a rough Norfolk type with saluki blood he often had lab xs greys and a good mix of pups straw bales in the Larry such has it was back then he always had a a good show of pups at lamb our show some great memories on the downs coursing etc.atb bunnys.

Nothing wrong with platts he gets some stick put the fact he has dogs all over the uk and over sea's speaks for itself I live in the next village to him and although he could do with a wash he's a nice bloke and knows his stuff when it comes to running dogs, I knownlads that have been to greyhound vets with lurchers and walked away without answers then took them to plattsy and he's found the problem within a matter of minutes, Iv got time for Dave although I don't know him very well every time Iv spoke to him he's always polite and has time for anyone in this game, not seen much of his dogs work Hurd good and bad about them abit like anyone who breeds to that amount your going to get good and bad

• Like 7

Nothing wrong with platts he gets some stick put the fact he has dogs all over the uk and over sea's speaks for itself I live in the next village to him and although he could do with a wash he's a nice bloke and knows his stuff when it comes to running dogs, I knownlads that have been to greyhound vets with lurchers and walked away without answers then took them to plattsy and he's found the problem within a matter of minutes, Iv got time for Dave although I don't know him very well every time Iv spoke to him he's always polite and has time for anyone in this game, not seen much of his dogs work Hurd good and bad about them abit like anyone who breeds to that amount your going to get good and bad

how much is he paying you too say that statement ??