Broken/failed Snare Advice Please

Hello All,

I am new to snaring rabbits, i have been using the woodga snares i bought from fourteen acre. When checking my snares this morning two of them were broken, the wire was broken right at the brass eyelet(or very near to it). I am presuming either another rabbit has chewed through somehow?? or more likely i have served up a couple of bunnys to the fox. Can you offer any advice or insight to this??

Cheers lads

Ollie

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These were made with small diameter wire for mink. Fenn's description just reminded me of them.    

Rabbit the fox was eating to the side of fox

Hello All, I am new to snaring rabbits, i have been using the woodga snares i bought from fourteen acre. When checking my snares this morning two of them were broken, the wire was broke

Hello All,

I am new to snaring rabbits, i have been using the woodga snares i bought from fourteen acre. When checking my snares this morning two of them were broken, the wire was broken right at the brass eyelet(or very near to it). I am presuming either another rabbit has chewed through somehow?? or more likely i have served up a couple of bunnys to the fox. Can you offer any advice or insight to this??

Cheers lads

Ollie

Most likely a Fox but you will never know for certain . Do you have a picture?

Same again on one snare this morning, but the bushes surrounding the snare were flattened in a neat radius the same size as the snare cord radius

You got a pic?

It sounds like you have had a rabbit,it's created a catch circle..and the rabbits got out.how long have you had the snares? How high you setting them?

Same again on one snare this morning, but the bushes surrounding the snare were flattened in a neat radius the same size as the snare cord radius

You got a pic?

It sounds like you have had a rabbit,it's created a catch circle..and the rabbits got out.how long have you had the snares? How high you setting them?

Had them about 3 months now, I'm still catching on some each time I set just losing some too. 6 1\2 inch from the ground

Cheers

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

The snare on the right is a mystery ? in the season i feed Foxes on a daily basis but i don't recall seeing a wire like that,if it was a fox there would be a few hairs on those twisted strands of wire.