Broken/failed Snare Advice Please

Make some up out of 1.5mm 7x7 wire .rabbit will not snap those also if you have a fox in them then he will be sitting waiting for you also .Gave up on the brass wires myself and now only use 1.5mm or 1mm wire . Thankfully the brass wire is a thing of the past for me lol . All i need now is some rabbits to populate wales :whistling:

What sort of lock do you use on the 1 mm wire. ?

Bike link micky

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These were made with small diameter wire for mink. Fenn's description just reminded me of them.    

Rabbit the fox was eating to the side of fox

Hello All, I am new to snaring rabbits, i have been using the woodga snares i bought from fourteen acre. When checking my snares this morning two of them were broken, the wire was broke

Make some up out of 1.5mm 7x7 wire .rabbit will not snap those also if you have a fox in them then he will be sitting waiting for you also .Gave up on the brass wires myself and now only use 1.5mm or 1mm wire . Thankfully the brass wire is a thing of the past for me lol . All i need now is some rabbits to populate wales :whistling:

Bike link micky

bike chain from wilkinson £3-£4 you get 150 locks out of one chain .just split the chain with a good link splitter then bend the links with two pairs of pliers so the run down the wire well .much cheaper than the micro locks etc :yes:

Bike link micky

bike chain from wilkinson £3-£4 you get 150 locks out of one chain .just split the chain with a good link splitter then bend the links with two pairs of pliers so the run down the wire well .much cheaper than the micro locks etc :yes:

I also use the link on the fox wires .Holds them no trouble at all .

These were made with small diameter wire for mink. Fenn's description just reminded me of them.

shareimage20170628_220422_zpsopdhkty3.jp

shareimage20170628_220946_zps2ys9cden.jp

Yes that is it on the bottom photo .i would have put a photo up myself but have no idea how too

How much of an advantage would they be though FENN? Surely a lot of the snares would get kinked up by a fox pulling a rabbit out of them. Also, don't think rabbits breaking brass snares is a common problem.