Sign in to follow this  
dpb82uk

Dus Anyone Race Pigeons

was going get some say 6 to start with and i no a fair bit about health and keeping just no nout about the race part. i dont no but id say depending on if the late birds are bred off strong healthy birds the young shud be just as good as a early bread

I've always found later bred young birds of a pair say 3rd/4th round are not as strong as 1st/2nd round, I reckon parents don't feed them as well after a few rounds. But some late breds of race birds who's fit and just finished racing should be bang on for you to try out

thanks

Where are you at son. I can help with some of the best knowledge . Midlands . Just sent the birds for the Midlands National. Jok.

warrington

im not after a big team of birds to start with in less i can get a allotment but i think im going to get few pairs of stock birds and go form ther had a nice offer off a member thats packing in so ill be startin off with a few top birds as stock pairs :thumbs:

• Like 1

im not after a big team of birds to start with in less i can get a allotment but i think im going to get few pairs of stock birds and go form ther had a nice offer off a member thats packing in so ill be startin off with a few top birds as stock pairs :thumbs:

A few good pairs are loads better then a lot of pigeons, I went wrong when I started getting pigeons off everyone and ended up with loads of crap

thats all im after 3 or 4 pairs can breed me own young . iv rang a lymm flying club is mi local the fella sed ther menbers that will moor than likely let me go ther lofts an way for the birds to come in off a race or just to see how things are dun so i think ill go along to the meetings and learn what i can and just keep me eyes open for sum birds

• Like 1

Great sport / hobby to get into but alas nowadays the racing pigeon is getting massacred by hawks left right and centre, I would recommend flying doors to anybody but as I say your up against it now with the predators in the sky.