Dus Anyone Race Pigeons

if i shud start by getting a mixd team of young birds sum hans and cocks and train them and race them when older and homeing well

or if i shud get sum good stock birds breed them and race ther young when ther flying home wel

allso sum in fo on the raceing seasons iv redup on feeding and health breeding and training i no where a pigeon club meets so am going to turn up on ther next meet

If I was you mate I'd get half a dozen or so latebred squeakers off someone and get them settled and flying to practice your pigeon keeping and feeding etc with rather than jumping in at the deep end. They say latebreds are no good for racing but you can breed off them and race their young once your ready to try racing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

was going get some say 6 to start with and i no a fair bit about health and keeping just no nout about the race part. i dont no but id say depending on if the late birds are bred off strong healthy birds the young shud be just as good as a early bread

was going get some say 6 to start with and i no a fair bit about health and keeping just no nout about the race part. i dont no but id say depending on if the late birds are bred off strong healthy birds the young shud be just as good as a early bread

I've always found later bred young birds of a pair say 3rd/4th round are not as strong as 1st/2nd round, I reckon parents don't feed them as well after a few rounds. But some late breds of race birds who's fit and just finished racing should be bang on for you to try out

Just out of interest Jok I know you used to bide up by me did you keep pigeons then? My dads in the Earlston cup, had a bad last two seasons the two before where good had a few silver awards from the French 500 milers. The smaller national in Scotland had there gold medal race yesterday and lad down at Coldstream only one who's timed in at 9 last night out of 280 birds he'll be bouncing of the walls fair play to him

No son I didn't. It's my 2 brothers in law who fly, very successfully and breed to sell as well. I don't think they fly the North road nowadays. Anyone who times in 9 deserves a big pat on the back. Presumably he's in or around Earlston?? Jok.

I've always found later bred young birds of a pair say 3rd/4th round are not as strong as 1st/2nd round, I reckon parents don't feed them as well after a few rounds. But some late breds of race birds who's fit and just finished racing should be bang on for you to try out

thanks

im not after a big team of birds to start with in less i can get a allotment but i think im going to get few pairs of stock birds and go form ther had a nice offer off a member thats packing in so ill be startin off with a few top birds as stock pairs :thumbs:

• Like 1