Favourite Quarry

Shaddy some of the dogs you talk of are to someone worth there weight in gold but how many of theses hard fox dogs that get use to bullying foxes walk because they can't bully or adapt a different working style on different quarry there are situations were a fox will test a dog at some point roots ledge etc and maybe not like other quarry can but each dig is different as you know and even educated dogs walk

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To compare the courage of a 80lb bull cross snapping a fox apart with that a 14lb terrier going to a big dog fox after xmas is something surely most on the site will have left behind?   I can't be

has to be a fox for me

Definitely fox. We used to meet in the cafe at 7 have a breakfast then on to a mate of mine who had a small pack of beagles and we d go to different farms and estates pushing woods and cover. There wa

Posted Images

Shaddy some of the dogs you talk of are to someone worth there weight in gold but how many of theses hard fox dogs that get use to bullying foxes walk because they can't bully or adapt a different working style on different quarry there are situations were a fox will test a dog at some point roots ledge etc and maybe not like other quarry can but each dig is different as you know and even educated dogs walk

100% agree Iv already stated that if that a dog does what you want then it's good to you not doubting that but it doesn't mean it has been tested, when I was with the atherstone I had a little black bitch that would find a fox in any stack of nails and manage to bolt it, she bolted foxes that bigger dogs couldn't get to, for a hunt terrier she was worth her weight in gold, was she any good to your average terrier lad that goes out at the weekend? The answer is no, I think everyone knows what I'm talking about when I say a terrier hasn't been tested just because it's 100% on fox, it's horses for courses at the end of the day even terriers have individual jobs and unique ways of going about their work and I also agree that even the good dogs have there days that's correct too I think out of all the dog games the digging world has to be the most inconsistent one of them all, doesn't matter wether a terrier has been 100% for 5 dogs or 100 dogs you just don't know if it's going to walk or stay on the next dig

• Like 2

I'd say foxes just because you can't say it's dead until it's in the dogs jaws, I don't agree what's been said with the Earth dog part though an average terrier should stay with a fox assuming it's good at its job and holds it at bay I wouldn't say a fox is the true test for a good Earth dog but like what's already been said each to there own, I'm happy with just lamping rabbits nowadays with my dogs not really fussed wether the ban got repealed or not

So a terrier thats say 18lb weight goes into tight dark confined spaces for hours at a time to a big set of teeth in its own home and maybe do this sometimes a few times in the 1 day and every day its took out in its working life is not as admirable as a 70 to 90 lb lurcher taking 1 on the run?

That is 1 of the most ridiculous statements ive ever read on here...and ive read some shite.

Youv just said enough for me to know you either havnt done much terrier work or you play around with average russells, and yes I'll say it again it doesn't take what I'd call a great terrier to goe in to a den give the Charlie enough pressure to push it into a stop end and simply hold it at bay until it is dug to, a terrier that will bolt a fox 9 times out of 10 is even better in my opinion, but if your look at 'digging' dogs so the dog will stay until the end then yes a fox isn't the right test imo and as for comparing the fixing lurcher to an Earth dog I never said that however you'd be happy if your lurcher was to run catch and kill 5 out of 10 foxes am I not right? However if you enter a terrier into a den and Charlie is at home you'd expect that terrier to stay until dug on all ten?? Iv had very sh*te terriers stay all day with foxes

Id shake more muck off my boots gettin out of digs during the month of october son than you would all season. Youve been a terrierman for a hunt! Lol is that suppose to impress me? I wouldnt keep a hunt terrier if you gave me it for free. As for lurcher work.. sounds to me the only thing about hunting that you know is how to incrimanate yourself on the net..now away and watch A team you dreamer.

• Like 3

I'd say foxes just because you can't say it's dead until it's in the dogs jaws, I don't agree what's been said with the Earth dog part though an average terrier should stay with a fox assuming it's good at its job and holds it at bay I wouldn't say a fox is the true test for a good Earth dog but like what's already been said each to there own, I'm happy with just lamping rabbits nowadays with my dogs not really fussed wether the ban got repealed or not

So a terrier thats say 18lb weight goes into tight dark confined spaces for hours at a time to a big set of teeth in its own home and maybe do this sometimes a few times in the 1 day and every day its took out in its working life is not as admirable as a 70 to 90 lb lurcher taking 1 on the run?

That is 1 of the most ridiculous statements ive ever read on here...and ive read some shite.

Youv just said enough for me to know you either havnt done much terrier work or you play around with average russells, and yes I'll say it again it doesn't take what I'd call a great terrier to goe in to a den give the Charlie enough pressure to push it into a stop end and simply hold it at bay until it is dug to, a terrier that will bolt a fox 9 times out of 10 is even better in my opinion, but if your look at 'digging' dogs so the dog will stay until the end then yes a fox isn't the right test imo and as for comparing the fixing lurcher to an Earth dog I never said that however you'd be happy if your lurcher was to run catch and kill 5 out of 10 foxes am I not right? However if you enter a terrier into a den and Charlie is at home you'd expect that terrier to stay until dug on all ten?? Iv had very sh*te terriers stay all day with foxes

Id shake more muck off my boots gettin out of digs during the month of october son than you would all season. Youve been a terrierman for a hunt! Lol is that suppose to impress me? I wouldnt keep a hunt terrier if you gave me it for free. As for lurcher work.. sounds to me the only thing about hunting that you know is how to incrimanate yourself on the net..now away and watch A team you dreamer.

I incriminate myself says the one that's named himself stop end haha tit you proberly have done more digging than me pal good for you and yep I know nothing about lurcher work, you wouldn't have a hunt terrier do you think every terrier worked on a hunt is naff then yeah? Some of the best stuff are bred from hunt lads fact, but not you wouldn't have one but you think a terrier that gets dug to on a fox has been tested, say no more

Good fox only dogs are very hard to come by. And I'm not talking about failed digging dogs but a terrier that won't hold you up when there is other stuff about and when there is will go past it to get to its fox, can get to all but the very tightest of foxes, can be let free run to find its own fox, will work the 5th fox of the day with the same desire as it worked its first and will do it 3 are 4 days a week. A lot of average terriers will dig foxes are they good fox dogs are they f..k. If you want to dig almost 100% of the foxes you come across then it takes a decent terrier. Not fully tested no, easy to come by. Not a chance. 60+ shaddy a friend had a bitch with 600+ under her belt I think she was every bit the earth dog.

Good fox only dogs are very hard to come by. And I'm not talking about failed digging dogs but a terrier that won't hold you up when there is other stuff about and when there is will go past it to get to its fox, can get to all but the very tightest of foxes, can be let free run to find its own fox, will work the 5th fox of the day with the same desire as it worked its first and will do it 3 are 4 days a week. A lot of average terriers will dig foxes are they good fox dogs are they f..k. If you want to dig almost 100% of the foxes you come across then it takes a decent terrier. Not fully tested no, easy to come by. Not a chance. 60+ shaddy a friend had a bitch with 600+ under her belt I think she was every bit the earth dog.

I agree with everything youv just said I said myself a good fox only dog or bitch is worth its weight in gold but it is t tested so basically exactly what youv just said, and a lad I know had a bitch that worked weekly until she was 8-9 years old well over 600 dogs to her name, what is your point?

I incriminate myself says the one that's named himself stop end haha tit you proberly have done more digging than me pal good for you and yep I know nothing about lurcher work, you wouldn't have a hunt terrier do you think every terrier worked on a hunt is naff then yeah? Some of the best stuff are bred from hunt lads fact, but not you wouldn't have one but you think a terrier that gets dug to on a fox has been tested, say no more
Lol what in my username suggests anything illegal? Some of the best stuff are bred from hunt stuff.. again sshh...ffs. as for lurcher work remember its legal here in Ireland.. ill say noo more.. fool.

Lol what in my username suggests anything illegal? Some of the best stuff are bred from hunt stuff.. again sshh...ffs. as for lurcher work remember its legal here in Ireland.. ill say noo more.. fool.

Yes some of the best stuff are bred from some terrierman from hunts, a lot of the good stuff over your way stem from the welsh lads you Irish are too f*ckin thick to understand anything lad it's easy to sit there and tell people to shh while your sat behind your computer screen ya f*ckin flower shaggin twat take a running jump ya scumbag

I remember picking a old lad up near cockermouth when he came out a lad in the van laughed and said of his dog wtf that a rough haired thing about 24 inch it just jumped in and laid down I believe it was of minshaws blue what a joy to watch work on all quarry we had a very good night but that dog took everything on in its stride the one thing that struck me was the owner was not only modest but actually picked fault something you rarely see

• Like 4

Yes some of the best stuff are bred from some terrierman from hunts, a lot of the good stuff over your way stem from the welsh lads you Irish are too f*ckin thick to understand anything lad it's easy to sit there and tell people to shh while your sat behind your computer screen ya f*ckin flower shaggin twat take a running jump ya scumbag

Lol.

typical narcissist

• Like 1

Day time Roe when they were legal,but the best part was the variety.

Especially of a day time,you might run a few rabbits and be happy enough then bump into a fox on the walk back to the van,those were always the best parts of the day.

• Like 1

:haha:

And that lads, is how you upset an entire nation :lol: