Photo
- - - - -

What 4X4 Is Everyone Using For Shooting Or With Dogs Or Just Genrule Hunting / Off Roading

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46 kanny

kanny

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:06 pm

attachicon.gifIMG-20170710-WA0013.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20170710-WA0010.jpgjust sold this one... Kicking myself now mind lol. Atb dc

no way yad go hunting in that too fecking noisey, thirsty and expensive to fix if it shits itself
scoobys are bombproof len mate :) you need something fast for the hit and run forays we do across the English border :) most cozzers don't want to play when you drop the box and hit 130 mph plus and drive it like it's stolen ;). Atb dc
Not many motors you can do this with

Then this :thumbs:

• dogmad riley and Daniel cain like this

#47 Daniel cain

Daniel cain

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:10 am

DC any pics of the reanault 5 mate

had to cut original roof out as rotten-when she's back together and sprayed put a few up for you-owes me around 12k to date-it will be put away for my lad for when he passes his test... That's if he stays out of trouble lol. Atb dc
  • jackthelad likes this

#48 Underdog

Underdog

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:47 pm

attachicon.gifIMG-20170710-WA0013.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20170710-WA0010.jpgjust sold this one... Kicking myself now mind lol. Atb dc

no way yad go hunting in that too fecking noisey, thirsty and expensive to fix if it shits itself
scoobys are bombproof len mate :) you need something fast for the hit and run forays we do across the English border :) most cozzers don't want to play when you drop the box and hit 130 mph plus and drive it like it's stolen ;). Atb dc

I can understand the hill climb just about but what use is the drag strip for hunting purposes?

#49 forest of dean redneck

forest of dean redneck

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:23 pm

I can understand the hill climb just about but what use is the drag strip for hunting purposes?
Police camera action videos lol
  • kanny and Daniel cain like this

#50 stevemac

stevemac

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:29 am

Wife is looking at a nissan X-trail be lucky if it ever sees a dirt road. Ill stick with my hi lux go any where. If you are having trouble with getting one to go any where put some decent tires on it.

#51 Dig-deep-draw-charlie

Dig-deep-draw-charlie

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:24 pm

I decided to go for an Isuzu.....picked it up yesterday

Attached Files

• All-terrain, kanny, Fellman Mark and 1 other like this

#52 kanny

kanny

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:49 pm

If your not hunting 24/7 and enjoy a bit of ommmfh! On the road they can be a very fun and very practical motor ...just both examples of a standard car doing different things.....you don't own a mustang do you? :laugh:
  • Daniel cain likes this

#53 Wild-Bill

Wild-Bill

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:11 pm

Is that the model you have Kanny XT

Edited by Wild-Bill, 16 August 2017 - 02:11 pm.

#54 kanny

kanny

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:01 pm

Is that the model you have Kanny XT

:thumbs: all the forester range are a good motor I know some of the newer diesels have had engine problems not sure if that's been sorted but Barr that there pretty bomb proof I'd have another it suits my needs.

#55 Rawly86

Rawly86

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:40 pm

Need a 4x4 (as my 90 needs a new chassis) was thinking either a td5 discover or a ML 270 cdi both about £3-4K mark, not sure which way to go but do need 3.5t towing.

#56 All-terrain

All-terrain

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:19 pm

Need a 4x4 (as my 90 needs a new chassis) was thinking either a td5 discover or a ML 270 cdi both about £3-4K mark, not sure which way to go but do need 3.5t towing.

are you selling the 90? Atb At

#57 Rawly86

Rawly86

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:34 pm

are you selling the 90? Atb At

No, sorry. It will have a full rebuild one day as it was my first car I owned.

#58 kanny

kanny

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:37 pm

When I was looking for a new motor I was considering a ML 270 I always do a fair bit of homework and I have to say the Mercedes didn't come out great with lots of issues I personally decided to give it the swerve :thumbs:

#59 Daniel cain

Daniel cain

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:07 pm

Mate had one last season... Money pit mercedes... Massive wheels, had a blow out just past Staffordshire on the way home from up north and f***ing thing only had a space saver. And that was flat: ( I ran up the slip road for a few miles until I found a garage that had some lol, not good trying to find tyreweld foam at 8 pm on a Sunday after spending all day digging in the rain. Limped back to Southampton to then have a 3 hr drive home to wales :). Atb dc
  • kanny likes this

#60 Qbgrey

Qbgrey

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:55 pm

Most unreliable car i owed was a merc c270 cdi
  • kanny likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users