Hft Which Gun ?

Bit of back ground i did a lot of bell target back in the day and proud to say won the 10m air rifle at the cla game fair on 2 occasions . So i can shoot a bit . I fancy having a go at HFT i have got a .22 BSA ultra would the same gun in .177 be any good ?

Yes, perfectly good gun for HFT but shot count is a little low so if you don't get many stoppages where you have to shoot the round off into the ground you should be able to complete a 30 shot course. We have a club that meets every Sunday in Martley Worcester (Nomads) so feel free to come over any Sunday around 9.30.

• Like 1

I was looking at the HFT shooting at the Northern Shooting Show a few weeks ago and saw a variety of guns being used. One chap I had a brief word with on this very subject said the Scorpion was a better bet but if you already own an Ultra, perhaps fitting a longer air cylinder would give you the shot count you needed.

Airtech sell longer cylinders for not a lot of dosh. A reg fitted will also increase the shot count and maintain even pressure to the shots.

http://www.airtechrifles.co.uk/services-prices/

Phil

Edited by philpot

I was looking at the HFT shooting at the Northern Shooting Show a few weeks ago and saw a variety of guns being used. One chap I had a brief word with on this very subject said the Scorpion was a better bet but if you already own an Ultra, perhaps fitting a longer air cylinder would give you the shot count you needed.

Airtech sell longer cylinders for not a lot of dosh. A reg fitted will also increase the shot count and maintain even pressure to the shots.

Phil

thanks for link mate but my ultra is .22 rarely looking at .177 for target

Phil

thanks for link mate but my ultra is .22 rarely looking at .177 for target
There's a nice .177 Ultramax limited edition in sales at the moment ........ I hear the twat's even selling it with 2 mags :whistling::laugh::thumbs:

Why the hell are you selling that Jon, it is a little cracker. If I have some cash I would have it.

It is a very nice little rifle mate but, It's not going to get used.

..... I'd rather move it on than let it gather dust :yes: